Current Employer not ready to waive notice period and prospective Employer not ready to wait - CiteHR
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I am an experienced professional with nearly 2 years of experience. My recent company I've been working since 4 months and due to shift timings I caught up with some health concerns and I had to make a switch. I got selected in a company and they rolled out the letter too but the catch was they wanted me to join early in a month or maximum 45 days (my NP is 2 months). I spoke with the new HR while she was rolling out offer letter that I will try for 45 days and committed to them that I will join in 45 days as I was of the opinion that I will buyout the notice period.
Now new hr roller out a offer letter with just next day as joining date so that I put resign and confirm her my last working day so did I resign on the same day and asked her to give me a couple days to speak with managers and supervisors. I spoke till my senior director but nothing worked and they are not ready to waive my NP by any means and my new hr telling me that their client can't wait for 60 days that they have billing issues and stuffs and she didn't call me back. I have couple of questions: (Thanks in advance for reading them)
1. Does this mean that the offer letter they rolled out with dummy joining date is void?
2. Can I expect a call back from them?as I have already resigned and tried my level best to convince my current employer.
3. Is it really the client requirement or they are just bluffing as many of my friends are saying they are bluffing and 15 days doesnt matter for MNC as I am an experienced they should be flexible with the same.

There is really no solution to such problems.
You state that your are an experienced professional-but you accepted an offer with 45 days joining period when your NP was 60 days with existing/old company.
what I can understand is that there will be issues about joining date which could be difficult to resolve and there are no timely legal solutions other than power of negotiation.
No one can say whether client requirement is there or company is bluffing.
You need to look out for other opportunities now

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.






About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™