Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I am currently employed in a small private dental clinic. I receive my monthly salary partly by Cheque and partly by cash ( Rs. 15000 by Cheque and Rs. 7000 by cash). I am in need to show my existing employment records to a third party.
1. Should I ask my employer for previous monthly salary certificates or monthly salary slips? What is the difference between two ?
2. What is consolidated salary ? My salary is directly handed to me not transferred to bank account or anything like that ......and my boss does not give me any salary breakage like allowances, incentives etc.....and there are no tax deductions on my salary....Does that mean I receive consolidated salary ? If yes, what is the format for consolidated salary certificates or consolidated salary slips?

From India, Kapurthala Town
Salary Certificate and salary slip, both connote the salary paid to an employee. The salary slip gives the actual salary being paid to the employee in question whereas salary certificate discloses the salary due to an employee assuming full attendance and without the voluntary deductions. While salary certificate is issued occasionally for certain purposes and bears signature of the issuing authority the salary slip is issued in routine every month and generally is an unsigned document. Salary slip is mentioned in statutes while salary certificate is a non-statutory concept.
It appears, the cash payment made to you is shown in separate account and may not be shown in books as salary expense. The payment you receive is consolidated salary. There is no prescribed format for consolidated salary as it has only one head i.e., salary payable indicating the net payable. As you are working in a small establishment, there is no practice of issuing salary slip.

From India, Mumbai
KK!HR...Thanks a lot for your input but I am still a bit confused.Well, the third party I mentioned earlier is Immigration Authority and I am still unclear about what I should ask my employer for : consolidated salary certificate OR salary slips (which is not issued generally in small businesses as you mentioned in last post ) ? So how should I prove my employment to this authority? Can you please send me a brief format for the consolidated salary certificate if that applies to my case?
From India, Kapurthala Town
I think, it is better to seek 'Employment Certificate', which would indicate that you are serving the Dental Clinic and is paid consolidated salary amounting to ...........
I am not sure what would satisfy the Immigration Authority, would depend on the country in question, but an 'Employment Certificate' shall in general suffice to prove the bonafides of employment.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™