Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Retired Principal

Thread Started by #vinayakjm

I was serving a private unaided engineering college till Sept. 2007 from 1.12.1990.
College has implemented vi pay commission salary and paid the difference in salary and allowances in instalments from 2010 to employees on roll.
Can I get difference in my salary and allowances from 1.1.2006 to 30.09.2007
24th December 2017 From India, Mumbai
Dear Vinayak,
Your post seems to be with incomplete details. First, you have not mentioned in what capacity you worked in that Engineering College - whether as a member of Teaching Faculty or non- teaching staff. Since the institution is a private unaided Engineering College, it would be covered by the norms of AITEC in respect of the Teaching Faculty. I am not aware whether the VI Pay Commission Scales of Pay applicable to the teaching faculty of Govt Colleges of the sort are higher than the AITEC norms. Thirdly, as per your post, your service was between December,1990 and September,2007 and the new scales were given retrospective effect from 2010 only. Pl clarify.
25th December 2017 From India, Salem
Thanks a lot Mr Umakantam for responding to my thread.
I was a lecturer in MHSS College of engineering, Byculla.This collrge is affiliated to University of Mumbai , AICTE.College has paid to existing teachers salaries asper vi th pay commission .Arrears was given in 3 installments.2006 to 2010. Shall l file a writ petition in high court.
28th December 2017 From India, Mumbai
Dear Vinayak,
Salary arrears consequent on a general revision of pay scales with retrospective effect common to all employees in the service of the establishment on the effective date of implementation can not be denied by the employer to some employees on the ground of their normal termination that happened subsequently. Since the college is a private institution completely unaided by the Government, normally it will not fall under the Writ Jurisdiction. Therefore, filing a Civil Suit for recovery of the arrears due is the only option appears to me. Any way, consult an Advocate specialised in service matters.
28th December 2017 From India, Salem
Thanks a lot Sir, I will consult an advocate in Thane. Already I have done it and following. Your guidance is very much appreciated.
Thanks once again.
28th December 2017 From India, Mumbai
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™