Hi All,Please suggest what should a consultant do when client is not ready for making payment since 11 months even after so many follow ups and reminders on daily basis or they are not ready to reply to mail.Senior management is also marked in cc.
From India, Noida
Dear Tajom,
Before providing your consulting services, did you acquire Purchase Order (PO) from the client? Secondly, do you have evidence for providing your consulting services?
If you have proper PO and proper record for providing your services, then you may send the lawyer's notice. If the client fails to pay you then you may file a police complaint or take action as advised by your lawyer.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Thanks Dinesh for your valuable suggestions.I have proper agreement signed by both parties.I have mail which client had sent of selected candidates..I have all discussion over email till raising the invoice from both the parties.
RM Global Consulting

From India, Noida

Dear RM Consulting: The case is of breach of contract. As per Contract Act 1872, you are entitled to the agreed upon consideration (the price) agreed for your services alongwith damages (compensation) with interest. First of all see what your agreement provides and that gives what you all you can claim. If it is silent, then the Contract Act applies and a good lawyer can help you. Anyhow your recourse lies in the civil court having jurisdiction.
From India, Mumbai
Dear Trapti,
In the above matter Mr. Divakar has rightly suggested you the future course of action. But always mind that before going for legal, it needs to check at your end that nothing wrong is on your part. Did you check why your client is not making the payment? Did they addressed to any of querry for release of payment?
You check-up with the nearest consumer redressal forum, if they can take-up the matter.

From India, Mumbai
The best way possible is to initiate a dialogue by third parties and if no impeccable solution is sorted then the best alternative is to seek the help from the local Police station.
Legal notices will only drag the matter and money and time spent will be valuable factor here..
Police station can be helpful if your closer with the authorities and a small gesture of gifts is a must to have matters of concern in your favor.
In fact we have enough experience of this sort to give this answer.
We had sorted the below if ever we ever smell trouble with the client
Sort out the matter with a dialogiue
Splitting the amount in installments for easy payment.
We learnt the hard way not to flare or trigger the anger of the client in the process.
Good luck

From India, Bangalore

Dear All, This is a problem that I am facing too.
Bangalore Secretary -Can you explain what do you mean by Third Party? And how will the police help? I am in Kolkata and I need help to recover payment from a client in Bangalore.

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server