Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear team,
My name is Prachi. I am terminated from my last organisation XXX Pvt Ltd. Because of ZTP and they given me spot exit also offered some another process (department) for continue with the same organisation but I denied and completed the exit formalities.
That time I asked HR and my manager about the salary they told me please come on 18th September for your salary cheque. When I turn up on 18th September for salary HR said your salary status is non payable from operations end hence we are not able to give you your salary cheque.
Now my manager saying me to please coordinate with HR however thing is that HR will release the salary after the confirmation of operation but they denied.
Now what can I do? Shall I go for police complaint? Can you please tell me about the same query related acts? Request you to please help?

From India, Mumbai
Dear Prachi,
In the first paragraph, you have written you were terminated because of "ZTP". What is ZTP?
You are eligible to get salary till your last working day (LWD). What was your LWD?
At this stage no need to make police complaint. Write a letter to the MD of your company to release your salary. Send the letter by registered post/AD. Keep the receipt from the post office safe and secure along with the file copy of your letter to MD.
Wait for some time and if nothing happens then make a formal complaint to the Labour Officer (LO) of your area under whose jurisdiction your company falls. You are eligible to approach LO provided you do not work in supervisory capacity. What was your designation? How many persons reported to you?
Please note that LO is different from labour lawyer. Former is government appointed authority whereas latter is individual professional who works in his personal capacity.
When you approach LO, carry with you evidence of your employment like appointment letter, last payslip etc. Please speak in local language in the labour office.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™