No Tags Found!

Dear sir,
I was working with the company based in Delhi for their Mumbai office but after 15 years' job due to big loss in Mumbai they started harassing me to quit on phone not in writing .They also asked bottom line person in Mumbai office to take office key and work from me gradually. Since my spouse suffering with cancer I was not in a position to go to lawyer. The company was harassing me mentally and said they can not afford my high salary so I have to quit.
Now I resigned but they said Gratuity will be paid by LIC based on 15years' job. I wanted to know how much time it takes to get because company not helping me and as I did not get any job so far I stand in need of fund for her treatment. I want to know the time slot for Gratuity payment and the right way to approach for getting fund from LIC at the earliest.

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Asit,
On resigning from the service, have you submitted Form I to claim your gratuity?
If your company has subscribed to the Group Gratuity Scheme (GGS) of LIC then your form will be sent to LIC office. However, LIC does not pay directly to the employee. It pays to the company and company in turn pays the gratuity to the ex-employee. Now you need to find out that whether the company has sent your form to the LIC. Since the calculation is done by the software, generally LIC does not take longer time for the clearance of Form I.
Therefore, you need to find out whether your gratuity amount was received from LIC but your company used that money for other purpose. Financial weak position of your company lends credence to this suspicion. Anyway, you may send the written reminder to the company.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Aniket Pathak

Generally LIC release the claim within 15-20 days. Please personally inquire in LIC office about your claim. If found paid to employer ask them to pay you. If they don’t approach labor office.
From India, Pune

please find FORM -1 to claim Gratuity Amount .
From India, Visakhapatnam
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Gratuity Claim Form I.pdf (68.8 KB, 485 views)


Dear Asit, Please submit your application to your employer by Regd A D in Form I as supplied to you by Mr S Venkata Ramana. After 15 days submit an Application in Form N to the Assistant Labour Commissioner (central), having office at Shram Raksha Bhavan, Shiv Srusti Road, Opp. Priyadarshini Bldg. Sion Chembur highway, Sion Mumbai 400 022 alongwith Form I and copy of A D Card and your service related documents such as Appointment letter, Resignation & Last Pay Slip. Then follow up with his office for issue of notice to the employer. If employer is not responding insist for exparte order at the earliest and also recovery certificate addressed to the Collector of the area where the employer is having office or other property. It's always difficult and time consuming process to get the gratuity from the employer who is in financial difficulties. But you have to pursue to get your rightful amount. All the Best.
From India, Pune

Even if your gratuity deposited at lic group gratuity scheme it is the duty of the management to instruct the lic to clear the gratuity dues. Since your gratuity amount is deposited at lic and lic issue cheque to the management and after encasement of cheque the management issue you a separate cheque. If the management not co-operating you then you contact the the labour commissioner of your area to help you in this matter. The labour commissioner may have the power to instruct the management or lic authority to reimburse your gratuity at the earliest. Thank you.
Sanjib kumar panigrahi
manager - hr & admin - odisha

From India, Bhubaneswar
Re: Can Gratuity Be Claimed On Completion Of 240 Days During Fifth Year ?
I resigned from organization after completing continuous service of 4 years 11 months and 12 days. During my full and final settlement, the company refused to grant me gratuity stating that i have not completed 5 years of service.
I have raised the issue on grievance portal. After several reminders, finally i have been send notice from 'Office of the controlling Authority Under the Payment Of Gratuity Act' to appear before them with all proof and witness for justifying my claim.
Please suggest what should i do now?

From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.