Dear Team,

I am working as Sr. Executive in a private firm since 2 years at Kerala and I am into Operations.

Please note that our company HR used to mentally harass most of my colleague since long and recently started to harass me.

Let me make it more clear.

HR has the tendency of temporarily holding (Freezing) the salary of employees. In case any employee leaves the company, then he will not settle the F&F immediately and make them wait for 1-2 months. He favours lady staff in our company. I have escalated this issue to the management but in no vain.

Although most of the time, we had disputes on the Official matters, he has not withheld my salary and now it too happened.

Hence to curb this issue, I want your help in getting details as on the procedure to complaint against him to the govt officials. Do I need to approach Labour office or ??

Also please let me know, whether I can escalate the matter to Labour office under what grounds and what should be the points that has to mentioned in the complaint letter?

From India, Adilabad

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Hi, You can't complain about a single person to a Labour Officer. Labour Office will accept the complaint if it is against the organization (employer).
Please check the policy of the company and find whether the HR is violating the salary and settlement policy of the organization. The Management will only accept or take action against any person only if he/she violates the company policy or procedure. If you find, the management is still backing the HR, then the issue is only with the Management and not the HR. So, then you can proceed with your complaint against the management in Labour Office.

From India, Chennai

Dear Saravanan,
Appreciate your feedback and suggestion.
Yes, I agree your point saying that I need to raise a complaint against the management as Individual role may not be considered. Do you suggest me to approach any legal advisor (Labour Laws) or to directly approach Labour Officer.

From India, Adilabad

Your statements are too general. If company does not pay employee salary before 10th of the following month, it is violation of payment of wages act. Similarly F&F payment has to made to the separated employee within certain period. Please refer to AP shops act / factories rules for this.
If employer violates timeline, you have the right to complain to labour office narrating the case of violation of act / rule.

From India, Mumbai

If your monthly salary is more than Rs 18000/ you have no effective legal remedy.
From India, Thiruvananthapuram

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server