Dear Expert
I have seen many Small Scale Manufacuring units every where in cities and towns...
I would like to start a food manufacturing facility (packed food) as SSI unit (with annual turnover less than 5 crore) around Chennai (Tamil Nadu). I have already formed a Pvt Ltd Co. Now can I build this facility in my own land which is approved for domestic construction? What kind of limitation I have to do this? Initially, we might employ less than 10 people and we may use machinaries for mixing and packing various food items. There is no liquid waste, no noise and no smoke in this unit. Many people were saying I won't get approval for this.
I request for your expert opinion and advises on this

From Sudan, undefined
This may not the right forum for you to get correct response. You will get more information on HR related areas. Many think just because HR handles Factories Act, such forum can also respond to questions on startups.
1. You need to get MMDA approval for the building Construction speifically mentioning that this will be for commercial and factory purpose
2. You need to get Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board's Consent Order whether your let out effluent or not. It is mandatory
3. You will engaging 10 workers with power and hence need to get license from the Inspetor of Factories
4. You need to get a license from the Local authorities for running a factory

From India, Chennai
Use of Land is governed by Master Plan of Area.

Starting a Small Scale Manufacturing unit on a peace of land approved for residential purpose shall involve risk of closure of unit working at that place at any time due to numbers of reasons like -

1. Objection from Neighbours;

2. Non availability of Electric Connection for commercial/industrial purposes;

3. Legal requirement by some of licensing departments; etc.

Manufacturing and/or repacking of packed food shall require licences from

A. Food and Drug Administration of the State,

B. Registration under Package commodity Act from FASII.

C. Approval from Chief Medical and Health Officer (CMHO)

D. Trade Licence from Municipal Corporation or Nagar Nigam

E. Electric Connection from area DISCOM

F. Licence from Weights and Measure Department

G. Registration with Commercial Taxation Officer for obtaining VAT Number (Proposed GST)

In light of these it is suggested that as far as possible you should refrain from doing such activities in non approved zone.

From India, Jodhpur
Please check appropriate Laws applicable in Sudan?are you planning to Start in Sudan?You have not mentioned the Location of Proposed Industry?
From India, New Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server