I was working in an company in 2012.. where my pf account was opened... i left the company in 2012 itself. but forgot to close the pf account
Also, I am not employed for the past 4 years..
1. so can I close the pf account now..?
2. in that case if I work for a company in future, will this pf be linked to it?
3. Will the new company be able to trace my old pf account?

Dear sir,
You can link your old pf account with new if you will be doing work but you will be require your old PF number or UAN no with the help of these numbers you can linked your old account with new account,

From India, Panipat
1. Yes, you can close it and withdraw
2. No, it won't link.
3. No, They can't trace your old PF Account.
(As it is 4 years old) Since it is inoperative account now, you can contact the inoperative account helpdesk (Online or EPFO Office) to withdraw.

From India, Chennai
Thank you Mandeep & Saravanan. So, 1) I dont have to contact the company to withdraw the amount? I just need to contact the Inoperative help desk?

You know your circumstances better, withdraw if you MUST. You were a Family Pension Member. Hence your earlier & current service will be added for pension benefit. You would have got interest on 4 year period too. There are many orgs which encourage employees to contribute at higher than 12%. Interest is compounded; works out to about Rs. 16.4 on Rs. 100 @8%. Check it yourself to know. The fund is created for providing you financial security at age of 58-60. As far as possible don't withdraw.
In Form 11 that you have filled / will have to fill, these details will have to be declared. There is possibility that the PF authorities may come to know later about false declaration made by you, if any.

From India, Mumbai
There is possibility that the PF authorities may come to know later about false declaration made by you, if any. False declaration as in?

As in your case, (as per my understanding) you are not giving any false declarations. You left the company and you are truly unemployed after that. As per Act, you are eligible to withdraw the PF amount, if you are unemployed for 60 days from the leaving date.
99% of the withdrawal cases are such that they leave the company and join in another company immediately, but apply for withdrawal stating they are unemployed. I never come to know in my career that PF dept denied those applications.
Current UAN Concept may restrict but still this practice is not reduced. In your case, you are not into UAN (year 2012) so, don't worry.

From India, Chennai

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™