In your question itself you can see that they have showed, as per definition, Bonus to be calculated on all the components excluding (i) to (vii) in the salary structure.
In most salary structure, if you exclude (i) to (vii), the remaining will be Basic & DA in the salary structure. That's why they calculate Bonus on "Basic+DA".
6th October 2016 From India, Chennai
Our salary components are Basic, DA, HRA, Conveyance & Special allce. I hope this the normal structure followed by all companies. According to it, we could ignore HRA only.
Now a days, all details/clarification can get in the citehr. Hence, most of the owners search it and act as intimated in the citehr. Not ready to go through the applicable acts.
7th October 2016 From India, Coimbatore
It is the minimum ceiling.
Bonus should satisfy all the below points:
1. 8.33% to 20% of (Basic + DA) X 12 (months) and that amount should not be less than Rs. 7,000; (if that amount is less than Rs. 7,000, then, Rs. 7,000 has to be paid to those employees as a flat rate).
2. (Basic + DA) should not be less than minimum wages
3. Maximum allowed (Basic + DA) is Rs. 20,000.
7th October 2016 From India, Chennai
1. The special allowance is a permanent component paid out every month, not given as a time being one.
2. Conveyance allowance is a fixed component to get IT exemption. Since, it is providing to each and every employee irrespective of whether they come by walk, by bus, own vehicle, etc., in my view, it could not consider as a travelling concession like providing as a honor to renowned/esteemed persons.
8th October 2016 From India, Coimbatore