Rajesh Kumar Dubey
Manager - Hr
Rabindra Das
Hr Manager
Labour Compliance Consultants

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi, My Principal Employer issued me Form V for contract labour licence but Labour officer asking for Principal Employers (NHAI) registration number, I just want to from which labour act it is mentioned that principal employer has to registered as my Principal employer (NHAI) asking for that law.
From India, Bhandara
Dear sir,
For engaging any contractor its mandatory to any establishment to do first registration of company under the said act in form 2 ( vary state to state) . When company get registration then can engage any contractor otherwise without registration of company, no contractor can be engaged.

From India, Rudarpur
Dear Ravindra Das

Pls Go through the Provisions of The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970 , which is as under :-


Section 1 - Short title, extent, commencement and application - Sub-section 4) It applies -

a) to every establishment in which twenty or more workmen are employed or were employed on any day of the preceding twelve months as contract labour,

b) to every contractor who employed or who employed on any day of the preceding twelve months twenty or mor workmen -


S- 7. Registration of certain establishments

(1) Every principal employer of an establishment to which this Act applies shall, within such period as the appropriate government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, fix in this behalf with respect to establishment generally or with respect to any class of them, make an application to the registering officer in the prescribed manner for registration of the establishment:

PROVIDED that the registering officer may entertain any such application for registration after expiry of the period fixed in this behalf, if the registering officer is satisfied that the applicant was prevented by sufficient cause from making the application in time.

(2) If the application for registration is complete in all respects, the registering officer shall register the establishment and issue to the principal employer of the establishment a certificate of registration containing such particulars as may be prescribed.

I Think above is sufficient about Your Query .

From India
Hi Ravindra Das,
It is applicable, if u r deploying more than 20 employees at NHAI Work site, Pls Go through the Provisions of The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970. from Central Labour Commissioner, Bangalore
I am a Labour compliance consultants, I am handling all labour comliance related who is working under NHAI in Karnataka.
In u need any above related consultation / Support, Please contact us below no.
M/s. 3D Corporate Services
MOB: 8553075333

From India, Bengaluru
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™