Sr. Manager Hr/admin
Ramesh I
Manager Hr

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
The company I work for is a service provider(Energy) based at Bangalore. We have office only at Bangalore but our employees(Engineers-from ITI to BE) work at different parts across the India at customer's sites (we don't have any offices there). Our all India strength is 100+ now. Kindly advise how to register this establishment? (Under Karnataka Shops & Establishment act / Central Act / Contract Labour act or any other act suitable for us)
As your office is in Bangalore you have to enroll with Karnataka Shops & Commercial establishment act in Bangalore. Is any of the employee works in customer site as contract employee?
Hi Jeevarathnam, sorry to answer your question now .
Yes, there are employees working at customer sites. Currently they are all on our roll. Employees count in some site more than 20 and in some sites below 20. Please clarify following doubts.
1. If customer site employees strength is more than 20 should we apply for license and follow contract labour act? or it is OK to continue as per Karnataka Shops & Establishment act?
2. If employee strength is below 20, can we still apply for contract license assuming 20 employees? As local labor inspectors insist us when ever they visit to our client sites.
3. Once we take the license, will it affect on ESI (Sub-registration), PT(state wise) and minimum wage(state wise) etc?

1) As you are providing Contract manpower you need to avail contract labour licence along with the shops & commercial establishment registration. Most of the principle employers will also insist for the same.
2) If at all there are less than 20 contract employees across Karnataka then you may not required & many times clients may insist you. So you can avail the same.
3) If at all you have offices in other states then you may need to avail sub registration if no offices then not required. But still you need to cover them with EPF & ESI.
Hi If need more details you better call me.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™