Dear Seniors
Situation: Recently due to less workload, the management has asked 4 employees to leave. Since our organization is small (30 employees), the separation of the 4 employees has resulted in creating an atmosphere wherein other employees became sceptical regarding their employment.
Under this situation, being an HR person, what can be done so that a belief can be instilled on the employees mindset that their employment is safe and they need not worry. I understand it's a time consuming process, but how it can be initiated.
I hope Iam able to clearly define the situation.
Waiting for suggestions.
Regards
Parikshit

From India, Gurgaon

Get a holistic view of Project Management that would cover modern tools & techniques →
Promoted: XLRI - Executive Development Program in Project Management for Senior Professionals (Explore Course)
Hello Parikshit,

I understand the issue and appreciate your thoughts.

But was this downturn only because of less workload or financial reasons / any other reasons? Is your company over-sized with the required talent to run the company under unfavorable conditions also ? It is but natural people will get upset if company has the financial capacity to sustain for some more time but terminating people due to low workload.

You can not stop them if they believe their employment is in danger (it can be a truth also). If it is not the correct picture, spend time with them, have cordial dialogues with them, track anxiety in their minds over a cup of tea. Have an open session with all of them to address their queries and tell them they need to focus on their work and should not worry unnecessarily.

You have to be ready with your answers on why 4 employees were terminated and what is the guarantee others will not have to face such a situation.

Wish you all the best.

With best regards,

Vaishalee Parkhi

From India, Pune
Dear Parikshit,
If four persons are removed out of 30, then approximately 13% of the manpower is removed. In that case, nothing wrong if remaining 87% develop fear psychosis. To dispel the fears of termination, you need to talk to your MD and discuss this. It is MD who should give assurance about security of their job. If this is not done, it could lead to spell of resignations.
Nevertheless, if the down slide of the business continues then situation may merit removal of few more persons. In that case, MD will be in the bind because he will not be able to live with assurance.
Therefore, for the next course of action, discuss with MD.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant and Trainer

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →






About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server