Korgaonkar K A

Hi Team,
Am working for an start up IT company with 11 employees.
Few months back, there was labour inspector visiting the company and instructed to update certain statutory registers.
One of the registers to be maintained is connected to Labour Welfare Fund (LWF).
Clarification sought - to pay LWF (Tamil Nadu), should the company be registered with Labour office? what is the process? If so, can the alloted number be used for Professional Tax, etc.
Please reply.

From India, Bangalore
Dear S.Narasimhan JI,
Labour Welfare Fund and Professional Tax are two different and separate subjects. Authorities under the both are different and there is no even inter connectivity between the both.
Labour Welfare Fund scheme is formulated for the welfare of industrial labourers in a state. Whereas, the Professional Tax is a Tax on profession, trade, callings and employment to the State Government.
You need to register your company under the both separately. To know the procedure for registration you need to approach the respective departments in your locality.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™