Presently Working As Dy Manager Hr &
Asst Manager Hr
Agile Solutionist
Roshani Shripad
Hr Department

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Seniors,
I want to know few things related to PF & PT.
If we start a new business on a small scale is it necessary to cut PF and PT amount from employee's salary?
What are the procedures for it?
The business is of sales and marketing of medical products. At present only 4 employees are working.
Kindly guide me.

From India, Mumbai
If you have only 4 employees, as of now, EPF is not applicable. However Profession Tax deduction is required
From India, Bangalore
Thanks for your reply.
Can you tell me the eligibility criteria for PF.
Can you tell me the procedure for PTRC No for PT Deduction? In how many days we get PTRC No.?
In case we are not deducting PT amount at present and will deduct it from April 2015 i.e. from new financial year is it OK? Or I have to deduct the amount from the date of joining of the employees?

From India, Mumbai
Dear Roshani,
Whatever the size of the employees, if u r bothered about employees, please outsource the services of PF and PT through payroll process. However to maintain records and other issues, you need to engage a HR &Admin person, you can spare the same as services charges to the agency for doing all these activities. They will invest and all these things and raise monthly bill with services charges.....Hope this will resolve your issue. On increasing the strength, you can recruit your own HR person and do, then onwards.

From India, Hyderabad
But the management is not interested to take help from any agency. They want to do it themselves. They just need the directions from experts and they will manage it by their own.
From India, Mumbai
Hi Roshani,
Managing PF and PT in house is not a big deal.
For PT, you need to refer local rules. Corporation/Municipality/Gram Panchayath
If you are from Mumbai, The Maharashtra State Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act, 1975 is the one which you are supposed to refer.
Also how do you process payroll for these employees? using some software or manually

From India, Bangalore
Dear Sir/ Ma'am
I have given responsibilities of ESI,EPF challan & return & i don't have idea, how to fill & submit to department by on-line.
So kindly assist me along with some ATTACHMENT regarding this issue because i do have only few days in my hand.
Thanks & Regards

From India, Mumbai
i wish to strat PT deduction from employees salary from April onwards.Its a Pune based company.Can i do it online? i do have required docs with me. Just need a guideline. Its not PT return for 2018. It is new start of deducting PT from april 2019.
Please guide.

From India, Pune
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™