I was working with a background screening company for almost 1.5 + years & then resigned because i had to join the company from where i was getting better pay and designation. I did serve my notice period & i have got my relieving letter form the company as well, I do have all the proof to prove that my exit was clear. Now my full & Final settlement is not being done. it was said that they require 60 days to settle my dues post my last working day in the company. however, its well over 100 days now and i have been following up with them vigorously but there is no response. can somebody help me on how to get this sorted ?

From India

I am not sure on the real grounds of the company but the law is very clear of settling the dues of an employee who has resigned. Here what you have to do is, write a detailed mail / letter to your concern HR by adding a cc to your ex-head. If you are not getting any positive response, May be a weeks later ,you can write it to the commissioner of labour or Inspectorate of factories (which ever is applicable to you) along with the first one. when they see you initiated a legal method, sure they will settle your dues.
So write in detail to your company and have a copy with you (including the registered post acknowledgement). Lets hope for the best with a positive note.

Dear Mohan,
There are certain things which cannot be settled by remote contact alone.
In the instant case I suggest you to please go to your previous employer along with all relevant documents and have one to one discussion with the HR head and the CEO explaining your issue to them.
In case the case still remains unsettled please make an application to the Labour Officer of your area for settlement of your F&FS.
In case the issue still remains unsettled you have to approach a labour law lawyer for filing application against the ex-employer for release of unpaid wages under the provisions of Payment of Wages Act.

From India, Delhi
Mr Christopher Which law clearly says about final settlement especially where salary is above Rs 18000/-pm.? Varghese Mathew 09961266966
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Hi Mohan,
I'm telling you a simple way, if you'll follow you'll be got your salary within a sort period with your damage of you'll claim, please go at your nearest Labour Department Office with Form - N (Shops & Establishment form) or a forwarding letter then after Labour officer will be follow with company on behalf of your due salary.
if you have required any clarification then you can contact with me my e-mail id
Ashish Shaw

From India, Kolkata
As mentioned by Mr. Varghese Mathew, please mention your designation and the salary per month to give an appropriate view.
From India, Ahmadabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server