Leave Management - Casual Leaves - CiteHR
Partner - Risk Management
Asst.manager -hr
Hr Profestional
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear All,
Greetings for the day. Iam recently promoted to Admin-HR, and I have done my MBA in marketing so I have very little knowledge on HR. Here I would like to discuss with you regarding one of our employes leave management. Last month i.eSep-14, he has taken 19 days of leave due to his father's ill health So we thought that this was a genuine case so we have clubbed casual and sick leaves and paid him total salary. Later on I came to know that we cant club casual leaves and sick leaves.Now what shall I do to see there is proper system in place? and how should I adjust or show in attendance?
We have 10 CL, 10 SL.
Kindly let me know if this was right or educate me more on this.
John Paul Madanu,

1.Leave policies are different from company to company.
2. Some companies do practice of monthly crediting.
3. If in your case first see which leaves will be lapse and which will be carry forward so according to that first 10 leaves adjust with which will be lapse and next 10 leaves adjust with which will be carry forward.

Dear John
For method of availing Cl and SL it is totally depend on the company policy law is silent on this , take reference of yours company HR manual.
If I am correct Punjab Industrial Establishment act is asking for 7 Cl and 7 El but it is silent of maximum limit and method of availing it
It is my suggestion go as said in company manual

In general companies will follow the rule of not clubbing any two kinds of leaves and as far as long leave is concerned it is only SL or EL and in extraordinary cases some of the organizations allow clubbing of EL with SL that too in case self sick. CL can be availed a maximum of 3 at a time.
In your case if the employee is senior ie., if he completes a minimum of 2 yrs then you can allow him advance EL as a very special case. You should be cautious before sanctioning as this may be a precedent for others to request hence better to formulate leave policy and proceed.
Regards - kamesh

Please make it a practice to give full details like the location, nature of organisation, etc as these affect the answers.
Please also tell us where did you learn that CL and SL can not be clubbed together. Is that your company policy you are quoting ? Or someone told you it can't be done ?
To the best of my knowledge there is no such law, and you are free to give a benefit where necessary and genuine difficulties are faced. Ofcourse take the approval of your manager or business head for such deviations.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™