Dear Seniors,

We are 6 months old consultancy.We have appointed one female employee 4 months back. She is converted from her religion for marriage issues. She has no contact with her parents as she did a inter-cost marriage without their permission. She has changed her name and she produced gazette certificate also for her name change. But now issue is she doesnt have a single proof for her current residence. All her education documents, ration card, voters id are in her parents address with her previous name. She is asking for bonafide certificate for opening bank account where she is expecting us to mention her current residence address. I am hesitating to mention her current address as we have no valid proof for her address.

Kindly suggest, if we provide bonafide certificate with current home address, will it be a problem in future?. More over we have a doubt that she is working here only for getting documents. So please guide me whether i can give bonafide to her.

Please guide me asap... Its Important & urgent

With regards

Vino peter

From India, Chennai
Manager - Human Resource
+1 Other

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Employer can issue residence proof letter based on the employee records with a disclaimer clause. pon
From India, Lucknow

Doesn’t she have rent agreement for her current accommodation? Light bill, telephone bills? You can also obtain a self-declaration from employee regarding the same.
From India, Mumbai

Dear Peter,
I personally feels that, its not ethical & professional too. if you doesnt have her any resident proof then, how can you provide her the bonafide...?
giving bonafide means, you are giving the undertaking that, you (company) knows her & if you mentioned his current address, then you should have proof of the same. in case, if anything wrong happen with her in future & police ask to provide her details then, what will you provide to them..? they shall question you that, how can you run business without having the employees documents..? then all liability & responsiblity comes on company,
I thinks this is the major risk to essue her bonafide..

From India, Mumbai
Dear all,
Thank you for your reponses.
@Adityasoak : Everything is in her husband or in-laws name.
@Tushar.Swar :Thank you sir... we too understood the issue. During her joining time she gave id proof & Name change proof with her old address. As all documents are very clear we accepted.
Usually We wont mention employees residential address in bonafide for bank a/c opening. Along with this letter they will attach address proof in bank . But for her case she is requesting to mention her current address. She said she will produce her husband id. But we denied and now we plan to issue without residential address. If bank rejected her application, as an employer what we have to do?

From India, Chennai

Why to make it more complicated, get an application written by the employee that her address has changed from her present address to her inlaw's address. Record it in your books and issue her a certificate of address for Bank Purpose only with a disclaimer as rightly told by Pon. There is no harm in giving the address certificate as the female employee's address get changed after their marriage
From India, Ahmadabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server