Cite Contribution
Community Manager
Loginmiraclelogistics & Management) Pg
Rupa Sharma
Financial And Legal Services
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hello Seniors, With due respect, would like to know that I am planning to start a firm of selling online photographs just like or any other. currently i would like to take Sole Proprietorship. i want to know that:
1. What are the things required to get Sole Proprietorship?
2. What is the charges of Sole Proprietorship?
3. Can i later change it to Private Limited?
kindly do the needful.

From India, Rajula
I echo ITJOBZone, you may easily research but wouldn't be aware of the functionalities.
Please contact with vendors who can help you beyond your research. Its good to know and read about it. But trust an expert to troubleshoot escalations of you.
Wish you all the best !

From India, Mumbai
Dear Syed,

You didn't mention where you want to set up your business, no.of persons to be employed and other details. However for setting up a small proprietorship firm no elaborate procedure is required. If your place is within Karnataka-

1.Arrange address proof (like Electric Bill or landline phone bill (BSNL/MTNL) or corporation water bill, ration card, property tax paid receipt, sale deed or rent/lease agreement of the building where you are setting the business

2.You have to obtain your PAN from IT Dept.

3.Thirdly, simultaneously- you have to obtain your TAN No. also from IT Dept. to effect TDS/TCS and to remit IT.

4.Open a bank a/c.with any of a Scheduled Bank either PSU or Pvt.sector banks in the name of your firm and obtain a cheque book. You have to register under the Karnataka Shops & Commercial Estt Act and obtain a Certificate of Registration in Form 'C'

5. If your business is considered a 'Service' provider which requires a separate registration under the Service Tax Rules (Finance Act) from the Central Excise Department, the ED would issue a certificate of registration and Service Tax regn.No based on your IT PAN No.

6. MSMED (micro/small/medium) firm certificate from the O/o the Commissioner of Industries & Commerce which will help you to get loan, quick realisation of your bills etc.

7. If more than 10 persons are employed, registration with PF Commissioner for Employees Provident Fund.

8. Similarly with Employees State Insurance Corpn. if applicable to you.

These are more than enough to start for your type of business.

However you have to examine/consult for whether regn. under CST or Commercial Tax for VAT is required or not.

You will find so many consultants (brokers) roaming in the corridors of govt.offices or CA who will help you to get all these things done, ofcourse for a fees/charges. Practicallyit is very difficult if you would try to do it yourself, you know better how things are done in India.

All the best.

From India, Bangalore
Dear Syed,
You plan to open an 'establishment' as such you need to obtain registration certificate under Shops & establishment act from the state that you are from. This will be source document for all your requirements viz. bank account et al.
Of course you can convert from sole proprietor to pvt. ltd. company anytime but will have to do so as per the provisions of the comapnies' act, 2013.
Shrikant Prabhudesai

From India, Mumbai
For any help in these matters, please visit Sole Proprietorship Registration
From India, New Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™