No Offer And Joining Letter. Part Salary Paid In Cash! - CiteHR
Accounts Manager
Kanika Kapoor
Soft And Behavioural Skills Trainer
+3 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear All,
I am in a tough situation and as I saw that CITEHR proves helpful, thought of taking your views. I am working with an organisation from past 3 years which did not provided me the appointment letter. They do not have any such system till date. They do not even issue salary slips. I do not know the breakup of my salary structure till date and if I consult the account department they do not give satisfactory answers. Also a small part of my salary is paid in cash, although the major chunk is paid through cheque. I am not even sure that if I will speak with the management they will even provide me the experience certificate! In such situation I do not have any proof to provide to a future company! What shall I do?

What your company is doing is not legal or ethical. there is no point in working for such companies. leave at the earliest, and at time of leaving request for exp. certificate. keep Xerox copies of your pay check or any documents revealing your relationship with the company (like id, punching card etc.).
Dear Jessi,
What I suggest, you should inform them that you require salary slip of last 3 months for bank loan or something and then only proceed for switching job. I don't think they will provide you relieving letter/ experience letter or any other substantial documents. So you must have some of your proof with you when joining in another job else you might get lower package in case of non-availability of any documents.

Thanks Guys for suggestions... I certainly will speak with them regarding past salary slips and will keep the xerox of my Punch card and ID card as well, but how should I get out of the mess related to Cash part?
In current situation can't come out of mess related to cash part.Need to explain the reality of cash paid in salary wherever you go for new opportunity.
Better to follow the steps as advised above in the forum, and start searching for new job at earliest to quit from current situation to prevent
further professional loss.
As a professional be aware and demanding regarding seeking for all documentary,compensation proofs relating to the all employments in future.
All the Very Best .

Dear Jessi,
All the points are very well discussed by the forum members, as usual.
Only point - hope that your salary is not in tax bracket. If it is taxable then your employer will be in a trouble.

You can request the employer to provide you certificate of payment of salary for the purpose of Income Tax and same can be helpful to you for the purpose you intent. However your employer would provide this certificate only if the amount paid to you is accounted for by them which you can very well enquire internally.
It is also to be noted that when the employer does not have system of providing the appointment letter, then it is very difficult to bring this concept all of sudden.

Dear Jessi,

Firstly, I would like to know how many years has the company been in existence and how many full time employees does your company have? Is it that only a few cadres have not been given documents or is it everyone? Is the company part of an unorganised sector/industry? Is it a proprietorship/Ltd co? These points are essential to give a better view of options which can be made available to you.

Secondly - As far as proving your tenure to another company is concerned, since you have being getting the major chunk of salary by cheque; you can just furnish proof of bank statement for all the years.

Thirdly - you state that a small amt is given as cash - is it given as reimbursement towards any bills you provide? They would definitely have mentioned at the start what is the cash component coverage.

From the mail, I presume that you have been working for 03 years which means you have a comfortable salary and perhaps the reason you are looking for documents now is that you wish to shift jobs.

In which case, if you hold a strong position in the work profile of your company, you can use that as a bargaining factor. And request them that given your tenure, professional work conduct, and your future loyalty to the company - you would like them to atleast provide salary slips perhaps wef 01 Jan 2014. (out of all documents this is the most important and has all relevant details to establish tenure, salary, leaves, name, etc)

Hope this helps and take a discussional tone with the management instead of a confrontational tone. Am sure they will at least hear you out.


Deena Jagasia

Three years what were you doing?The Major question is this.Any body will say that how come you are not aware of these employment procedures till now?iF At all some thing can be done in your case is to amicably try to gather some employment proofs/evidences(although difficult at this stage),and quit without making much of hassle and join at some good place.One Clue of your employment is that you said,"some part of your salary was through cheque" Pls save your cheque details of payments for reference in future.(Keep xerox copies of such cheques if issued through company's account)

Dear Member, That’s really serious, but learning for future. Please ask your HR/Concerned boss that you need a home loan and need the salary related documents!! Hope it helps...

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™