Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Private Consultant On Labour Laws
+2 Others

Thread Started by #Deepikasharma45

Our's is a new company established in 2009. It is a service based industry having 53 employees. I want to know what is the procedure of opening gratuity account. Is there any registration required?? What is Form "A" of payment of gratuity. Is it mandatory to fill up this form and where it should be submitted??
10th February 2014 From India, Faridabad
Hi Deepika, You have to send a notice of opening in prescribed Form A along with a cover note to the Controlling Authority i.e. Labor-cum-Concilliation Officer of your region. Rgds
10th February 2014 From India
Thank you Mr. Jain for your quick reply. I want to know from the employer point of view what is the procedure from the very beginning. I have recently read about Form "F" which is to be collected first from the employees.
10th February 2014 From India, Faridabad
Dear Deepika,
I think that you are from U.P. In that case pl refer to the P.G (Uttar Pradesh) Rules,1975.
1) Notice of Opening - FORM A: Should be submitted to the C.A for the area within 30 days of the Rules becoming applicable.[ Rule 3(1) ]
2) Nomination - FORM F: Should be obtained from the employee in duplicate within 30 days of completion of one year of service and be verified with his service records within 30 days of receipt and the duplicate copy be returned. [ Rule6 ]
11th February 2014 From India, Salem
Further i also want to know when should be the Form A submitted by the employer, after completion of 5 years of any of the employee or the very beginning when the company was established??
11th February 2014 From India, Faridabad
Dear Deepika ,
The Govt of Haryana has framed their rules under the Payment of Gratuity Act to be known as the "Haryana Payment of Gratuity Rules, 1972". Form 'A' has been prescribed under their rules, which you should have been filled up and sent to the Controlling officer of the Area within THIRTY DAYS of your employing TEN or more persons in your company, which is a mandatory requirement.There is no procedure of registration under the Payment of Gratuity Act.The Govt of Haryana has declared their Labor-cum-Conciliation Officer to be the Controlling officers under their rules.
You have rightly pointed out that the Form "F" is to be collected from the employees. Rule 6 of Haryana Payment of Gratuity Rules, 1972 stipulates that all the employees, who have completed one year of service, shall submitted their Form-A within THIRTY days.
I believe, the above is clear to you.
BS Kalsi
Member since Aug 2011
12th February 2014 From India, Mumbai
Dear Khola Sir,
I am gratefull for updating my knowledge, thank you very much for the same.I am posting a copy of the Hayana Govt gazatte notification dated January 22, 2014 for the information of all other members.
BS Kalsi
Member since Aug 2011
13th February 2014 From India, Mumbai

Attached Images
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: jpg Haryana Govt Gazatte notification dt 22.1.2014.jpg (219.2 KB, 102 views)

Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™