Hi, I am Jeswin working for software firm. Last one month I am on leave. So unable to submit the IT proofs. Now company is not taking investment proofs.
They are saying already last date is finished as per the company policies. But i have investment proofs.i need to submit the proofs..
Where can i submit these proofs... Please could you give me any suggestion.

From India
Hi Jeswin,
You cam submit these proof when you will fill your income tax return online/offline.
So no need to worry. Ask for form 16 from your employer and contact any income tax consultant in your area.
Check this link also

Dear Jeswin,

First I do not understand if you are on leave for one month means you stopped to breath, eat and sleep? At all times the priorities and urgent matters need to be attended. It is surprising also when you say you are working in software-you people will always show up with your lap-top like a pet, then why not send the proof by email to the company on time. It only shows your carelessness or no value for yourself for your time and priority. First set it in order which will come a long way in your life.

Now as far as Income Tax Investment made proof; it is mandatory for the company to set a dead line to accept it; and it is as per law to give such provisions.

TDS is mandatory for the company as per IT and so all proof should be with them before they give credits for such investment in the form of deduction from total income or tax deduction as the case may be for such investment.

Every employee should accept the rules of the company and follow it. When more peoples IT calculations are to be done by HR or by the Pay Roll management it is not possible to change it frequently.

Anyway, you have not missed the bus and once the company does their IT calculations and if any TDS is to be deducted they will do it and give you such certificates as per IT rules. You have to then file your return independently and if there is any refund due to you it will come directly from the Income Tax Department.

Now again to stress you; Every company give circulars asking the employees to fill in their standard form how they are going to plan their investment with the available standard investment eligible for tax deduction. This is normally done every three months so that what is planned and what is done can be checked with giving proof for such investments made, and to be made. So it is necessary to plan your Income and Investments every month before you cut the cake of salary payments. Open a file and place copies of form given and your pay slip regularly so also your investment proofs time to time to avoid delay.

Good Luck.

From Saudi Arabia
What need to do if HRA become taxable?
During investment proof form submission, a declaration form from the land lord (as he doesn't have PAN number ) has been missed. So all the HRA amount approximately 1,00,000 rupees becomes as taxable. Tax been deducting in my salary now ~10,000 Rs.
How can I recover this amount? Can any one of you please let me know..

From India

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Com™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server