Partner - Risk Management
+3 Others

Thread Started by #sachi89

Im working as a contractor for an IT company.The professional fee that they give me is 12000 per month in which TDS of 1200 is deducted.Can i claim/get it refunded?If so whats the way to do this?Please help me out as i'm new to this.The company has given me form 16A.At what time i should file ta returns?can someone please help me out?Appreciate your help.
31st December 2013 From India, Bangalore
Please someone answer this query as even I have similar doubt. Her income does not fall under taxable income , so how come TDS is deducted? and what should she do now to claim the amount?
2nd January 2014 From India, Mumbai
You need to file your income tax return at the end of the year (generally required before end of June). When you file it, if there is a loss or if the profits are lower than taxable income limit, you will file for a refund. The refund will come automatically after the assessment takes place.
Talk to your chartered accountant, he will know what is to be done.
You can also file your income tax return on your own now, there are online tools on the income tax site that you can use. However if you do not know about taxes it's better to involve a CA. It does not cost much
6th January 2014 From India, Mumbai
Dear All, Please Intimate the professional tax format for TN, Madurai Corporation Any specific Format and where to be submitted Ilango
6th January 2014 From India, Madras
Mr. Sachi89,
There will be only one option to get Refund amount of TDS deducted is to file your income tax return. If any quarry contact on this email id
CA. Mehul R Chauhan
6th January 2014 From India, Vadodara
Hi, Just need to file a income tax return and you will get the refund. If you want I can help you doing that. Rgds, CA Vikas 9821175899
7th January 2014 From India, Mumbai
Hi Sachi,
Form 16A is issued at a consultant which mean u were not on Cos. payroll. Keep this 16 A certificate till Mar'14 and then file an income tax return. Also, service tax is payable for invoicing in case u received above Rs. 9 lakhs during the financial year.
CA Vikas
7th January 2014 From India, Mumbai
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™