Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Be cool and continue your good work. Don't allow yourself to be depressed by what is happening around you !! Enjoy what you are doing as you do regularly. Hope you will come out positively with more potential / skill ever before. Take this as a challenge. Never give up. These days are going to be the best in your career. All the best.
3rd December 2013 From India, Chennai
You have given information about your problem but then main crux of the information is missing Please check my comments/questions in italics:
Dear All, i am working with an NGO since 7 yrs, and handling various departments
Which departments have you handled?
since i have joined and performance was good with the Management and its been appreciated by management and given promotions also.
What were the parameters of "good performance? What is your current designation? What was the designation when you joined?
But from past one month by boss has changed (not new person, he knows me personally from past 4 yrs) and new department been given to me (president personally appointed me to this department) which i handled 2 yrs before because the earlier person was not good at works.
Which is this new department?
Since i have taken up the department our customers are very much satisfied with the outcome,
Who are your customers? What is the outcome? In measurable terms how customer satisfaction increased? On what parameters?
and even new systems are also been implemented, still there is lot to improve and lopeholes in the department and its been on process.
Which new systems did you implement? What was increased or decreased due to this implementation? Who were the beneficiaries? Why there are loopholes in the department? It is the same department where you had worked two years ago then why you could not fix those loopholes during your preceding tenure? Did you submit action plan to your superior to fix the flaws in the department? How long will it take?
But my boss is mentally harrassing by taking very smaller issues after giving explanation also and passing negative information about me to the president... earlier the president was very happy with my works since he started giving wrong informations by changing my words what i spoke and he is started treating ill with me, I request all to suggest how to deal and sort out these kind of Issues...
Quality of the work should be 100% perfect. Smaller issues cannot be ignored. Possibly your previous boss ignored those small issues but it does not mean that new one should follow his footsteps. The new boss could be stickler for quality. Further, if you have brought change of any kind, you can prove in measurable terms what change was brought in.
Secondly, it is better to get tuned according to the psychology of the boss. Your problem is that you were mentally aligned with the old superior. You are unable to align or could not align so far with the new boss. Hence this frustration. As far as pointing smaller things is concerned, please make a note of famous adage "perfection lies in trifles but perfection is not trifle". Please make a note of suggestions or instructions that your boss gives and start implement them seriously. If boss ticks you off because of the mistakes instead of getting disgruntled, make sure that you do not repeat the same mistake again.
Thirdly, for every designation, there are some expectations attached. Do you fulfil those expectations? Possibly there could be some gap in your performance. Therefore, it is in your interest to fill this gap by elevating your performance.
Final Comments: - My comments may appear little stringent. However, do not take them personally.
Dinesh V Divekar
3rd December 2013 From India, Bangalore
Other members have added valuable inputs regarding your problem with them the following article may solve your problem
Your Career Lion: How To Deal With Threatening Boss
3rd December 2013 From Pakistan, Karachi
with best wishes
5th December 2013 From India, Faridabad
Please send complete details r u Male/Female. Please conduct one on one session to solve your problem. Be very clear about the problem to him in session.
If your female, you can file a case against him Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. Further help please contact me.
Srinivas M.s.c LLM
5th December 2013 From India, Hyderabad
5th December 2013 From India
You have now two options
1) Try to convince your boss by hook or by crook .
2) If your first option fails , then try for another Job....
But Please never ever spoil good relations with your existing boss...even after you left the job also
All the best....
6th December 2013 From India, Kolkata
I would like to add a little to the inputs given to you by others.
1. Please conduct a meeting with your new boss. Ask him what are his expectations from you. What are the key areas where he expects you to perform and on which parameters. What is he expecting from you in terms of job competency and the deliverables.What kind of behaviours he expects from you for this job.Please understand his expectations on all these parameters and deliver accordingly.Please also prepare a minutes of this meeting and circulate it to your boss also.
2. Please assure him that you want to build synergy in the team and contribute to to the organisation as per his expectations.
3. Please understand his behavioural patterns so that you can adapt your behaviour to his accordingly.
4. Please contribute to make him succesful. Understand his learnings, Experiences and deliver accordingly to make him and your president succesful.If you contribute to the success of your boss and the president they will start liking you.
5. Always document your contributions to the organisation which would serve as a proof of your contributions.
6. To survive in a situation like this you have to get better off your boss.You can do this by building your credibility around the contribution you make to the organisation in such a way that even the boss may fear to do anything that may jeopardise it.
7. Always take a step on such things.A story on leadership - when donkey had fallen in a deep pit and people were trying to kill it by throwing dirt, piles of garbage on him, trying to dump and kill him. The donkey always shook its back whenever the dirt, garbage fell on him and took a step on it. atlast the pit was full with dirt etc and the donkey also came up alongwith it and just trotted off.
The moral of this leadership story is that please take a step on this situation to emerge succesful out of a situation like this.
Hope this helps.
7th December 2013 From India, Mumbai
Thank you once again to all...
Ys - A.V.Kumar
9th December 2013 From India