In an interview the interviewer asked: If a person is absconding and has taken official equipments like laptop/ desktop with him and is untraceable on phone and the address provided is also fake then in that situation how can a employer trace him. Is there any law by which we can trace him. Please help
From India, Kolkata
Dear Suhani, We can file a FIR with the details of Laptop/Desktop? The police official will trace by the help of machine serial number.
From India, Delhi

To avoid these circumstances, companies are executing very strict back-ground verification procedures. In 90% of situations it won't happen, as every organization takes good precautions.

But if this is the case there are few options:

First of all the company could proceed legally, for stealing it's properties.

One option is, we can check with his previous employer's details and get the address and phone number.

Another, if the company is processing salary through Bank you can check for his details with the bank as an employer; infact these details are provided by HR so, HR database will have the exact information given to Bank.

Check with Post Graduation/ Graduation Colleges for Permanent Address.

Gmail offers IP location tracking. If you saved your password for Gmail, the thief may inadvertently (or intentionally) access your e-mail account, which would identity their location. Look at the bottom of your gmail page for “last accessed”. It will show the IP addresses used to read your e-mail.

Or if there is a anti-theft software installed in the laptop, there are chances to trace it.

From India

Dear Suhani,
With the above all suggestions, you can also give a news paper notice about the employee along with his photo stating about the theft with this the employee cannot escape or join any company.

From India, Bangalore
Hi Suhani,
With all said above, proceed in following order to obtain the best possible result:
1. Lodge an FIR with the local police authorities providing details of the company assets lying with the absconding employee. (Ensure he is actually in AWOL condition and not on uninformed forced leave due to certain family/personal issues. You may cross check with the employees been close to him/her and or on social websites)
2. Check with the previous employers, if any and also try to find the permanent address via academic institutions.
3. Check for online profiles on job portals.
All the best.

From India, New Delhi
Dear Sir,
You have to publish his photo in news paper and direct him to handover the laptop etc withing particular date.
On the other side, you can lodge a criminal case against him in Police station with his photo and request the police to search and take appropriate action as per criminal law.
HR & IR Consultant,

From India, Hyderabad
Follow the straight route - file an FIR of theft. This is the best option. Let the law take its own course.
From India, Delhi
If this is asked in an interview to an HR guy, the best answer according to me is that the employee has to be verified well in advance before handing over the official equipment. The verification of employees can be done through many ways, the PAN Card details/Photo Identity issued by Govt. Authority/Address Proof/Aadhar Card etc. once all this are verified the offer of employment/appointment is made and thereafter with surety the official equipment can be handed over, wherein there is minimal chance to give fake proofs.
From India, Ahmadabad
Then you should ask the interviewer, whether the Company has the policy of reference check of the employee background and get the contact details of the references provided.
The company should take sign in the "ASSET UNDERTAKING" from the employee, before giving any asset.
You can give the answer in this way." Although you cant catch hold of such employees, as they had absconded. We can try to contact the employee with the numbers given in the Employee Application Sheet or in previous employer.
But we can get a good learning that we have do reference check of all existing employees and do a cross verification of the contact details provided by the employee. In this way we can get assured of our company assets"

From India, Mumbai

hi, i am pursuing MBA(HR) from Vinayaka Mission University Tamilnandu 1st year(corespondence)and i have 8+ year exp. for front desk executive.plz tell me wat do i do ?
From India, Ghaziabad

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server