I'm working as a Medical Officer in a central PSU. Due to certain issues which are beyond my control, i have been facing threats INCLUDING DEATH THREATS from outsider i.e people outside the PSU. Can i Request the management for transfer of my job to other places where company is operating? Thanks in advance
From India, Guwahati
Partner - Risk Management
Psychotherapy And Counselling
Raj Kumar Hansdah
Shrm, Od, Hrd, Pms
Harsh Shukla
Ceo And Md Of 3 Uk Based Mnc's

Raj Kumar Hansdah

You have not mentioned the reason or background of the matter.
You can report the matter to the Police.
Thereafter, you can approach your Officers' Association and the Management requesting a transfer.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Thanks for the prompt reply.
The matter was regarding the demand of the outside people to give them full medical benefits as given to company employees which i cannot comply as per company rules. Further, if i request transfer on outside threat, will it hamper my future career prospect in the company?

From India, Guwahati
Harsh Shukla

Hi Anon,
You must gather the evidence of threats.
Register an FIR with the Police and inform your management.
Pass on any further evidence and keep in touch with the Police at all times.
Bear in mind that a transfer may not result in the abandonment of any threat, these people must be brought to book.
I wish you luck,

From United Kingdom, Barrow
Raj Kumar Hansdah

The matter of giving medical facilities to outsiders as given to employees; is outside the purview of Medical deptt. and it should be dealt by HR/.IR or CSR deptt.
As a Medical officer you should not have been involved in such Policy matters.
You could have explained this, when faced with that situation and the mob. Your duty is restricted to taking care of the bonafide patients who are employees of the Unit.
Was it an Accident or an Emergency case ??
In such a case you could have taken approval for that particular case, on humanitarian ground.
Despite the fact that Police was present, you can still lodge an FIR if there was a definite threat; or report the matter to the Police.
You should persuade the management for a transfer. such transfer will not hamper your future prospects; however you must be ready to face ridicule from your un-sympathetic colleagues.
Hope the above clarifies all your doubts.
Warm regards,

From India, Delhi

The information in your post is incomplete. You need to give the full details and background for anyone to be able to give you more than a superficial input.
From India, Mumbai
Dennis the Menace

By the detailes provided, where ever you wish to go this issue is going to be there. You need to be clear in what you have to do with the request. As every one said, Police complaint is a must, else, if any thing untoward happens, there is no basis. If i understand the reason correctly, local people also want this medical facility to be provided to them too. Which if you can convinence the management , can start this as CSR. Good Luck and hope this issue gets resolved.
Chakradhar Reddy.

From India, Hyderabad

First and foremost you cannot violate the company rules and regulation-even your top management insist-you should not bend-either you should take the name as Straight forward or flexible with everyone and do it in coordination of team
Second, you must be having good rapport with higher official in the Director and Union Leaders, you can thier help for further management
Third You are not confident and competent to handle these issues -Why did you involve ?
Fourth Why do feel guilty ? -What is your role in this issue?
Fifth if you are clean you know to handle the issue

From India, Madras

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server