Raj Kumar Hansdah
Shrm, Od, Hrd, Pms
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I am working with Bank.. My son has been diagnosed with autism… So doctor has asked to stay with my child for complete one year or more if required . My husband is doing a project in abroad. Intially i was told to apply a leave for 3 months and so on. I was doing so. Since this disesase does not have any cure except behavioural therapies hence it takes more time to get cured. Since my husband is staying abroad so i thought of going to abroad to get my son treated. Hence I put up a mail for extension of leave. But nobody approved it, they just said put up a mail. But it has not been sanctioned. And i feel anytime I will be receiving a letter from HR for absenteeism. Please guide me as I do not want to leave my job and also cant leave my son at this point of time.
From United States, Atlanta
Dear Pal79
It is sad to hear about the problem your son is afflicted with.
You have rightly decided upon your priorities, to be with him.
Your location is given as Atlanta, US.
I understand that it may not be feasible for your employer to keep on extending your leave.
Will it be possible, if you have been working for several years with your company; to grant you a Sabbatical Leave ?
If not, will it be possible for you to look for a part-time job or "work-from-home" positions ?
Do keep your options open and look for something that can keep you gainfully employed, rather than a regular job.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Is it a Scheduled bank or Public Sector Bank? If it is PSU, you may get a leeway. Pon
From India, Lucknow
Its a government owned and everything related to my son health has been intimated to them time to time and that it will take 1 years to see some positive changes or may be more. Suggestion which I received from my organisation was apply 3 month then extend it. I applied never got approval.
From United States, Atlanta
Dear Pal79,
Given that you are working in a Government owned (Nationalised ?) Bank, there is an avenue that is available to you.
The Ministry of Finance had issued instructions to the Chief Executives of all Public Sector Banks on 28th February 2012 instructing all Public Sector Banks to Grant of Sabbatical leave of 2 years to the women employees of PSBs (Public Sector Banks) to meet their special problem during their career.
There are some conditions that are applicable to taking this leave.
I am attaching a copy of the instructions that were issued by the Finance Ministry, which you can use to seek formal approval for an extended period of time from the Bank that you work with.
All the best.
Raju Bhatnagar

From India, Bangalore

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ministry of Finance Circular dated 28 Feb 2012 regarding Grant of Sabbatical to Women Employees.pdf (55.9 KB, 303 views)

Well, as per the scenario, you have to set your priority and choose accordingly. As concern as leave, no organisation will allow or approve leave for one year.....so better if you resign yourself specifying the reason and once your son is well you can look for some other job or approach the organisation you worked and look if there any vacancy exist that suits your skills and qualification.
From India, Lucknow
The Government of India has issued instructions to Public Sector Banks to grant women employees sabbatical leave for up to two years in their career.
Pal79 should make use of this facility and avail the leave as needed by her.
Raju Bhatnagar

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™