Hello Everyone,
I resigned from a school as a teacher, I left the job properly means i served 1 month notice period as management rule, I have completed the work which they asked me to do. Now they are not clearing my (july + upto 24th aug 2013 ) salary + security (1 month salary) deposited. Now I don't know what to do, as i belongs to small town and we don't have labour court in our town.
Please suggest me appropriate process so that i can get my dues cleared.
Thank you for giving advice in advance

From India, Dehra Dun
Psychotherapy And Counselling
Advocate & Labour Law Consultants
Manager Operations
Senior Hr Professional
H.r Manager At Vasai.
Bba, Mba(hr),llb Working As Manager - Hr
+4 Others


First of all review the contents mentioned in your appointment letter, write to the school management.
keep a copy of your resignation details handy. did you also get any handover document which was duly signed and received.
since i dont know the name of the twon, check what legal compliances apply to the school and read them thoroughly

From India, Chandigarh
Thank you nainz, but they didn't gave me appointment letter, they got my signed on it but kept with them only. Yes , I have the received copy of resignation letter and the proof of me working there, I also have the salary account of that school.
can I do anything in this situation???

From India, Dehra Dun
Dear Ravi,
First of all keep ready all the documents as proof of worked their specially in notice period. if you can get the attendance details it is good.
Then submit a written application to the school management requesting your dues. Also spoke to them if you are not getting the dues you will forward the issue to Labour court.
Collect the nearby labour office address or else your district labour office address.
Debasis Rath

From India
Dear Ravi,
In my opinion the right course is to approach as under:-
Management committee-BEO/DEO-
If your case is not resolved then approach
Your labour officer in your tehsil or Distt.
To exhaust the Grievance channels are must to approach court

From India, Pune
You you are fare from your side, they have to clear due.
Reffer your Appointment Letter thoroughly.
Keep all the correspondence you had with the School Management safely.
It is always batter to handle this type of issues in writing.
Another thing I would need to know two important matter in this regard that,,
1-Did they provide you any relieving letter
2-Did you signed on any final settlement
Let us know the above, I hope you will get a effective sollution through this site.

From India
thanx pkmbgr13 for ur advice. 1) no i didn’t got relieving letter, i only have received copy of resignation letter by principal. 2) no i didn’t sign any paper
From India, Dehra Dun
As far as I know teachers are not workmen under the ID Act and they cannot raise a dispute before Labour Court.Except POG Act and EPF Act ,ESI Act the applicability of other laws is doubtful.But they can go to civil courts if contract is violated.
Varghese Mathew

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
All the points are in your favour.
The issue showing that, you have informed the School Management to Relieve you.
You provided your services to the School according to the condition of your Appointment Letter.
After all, the School Management had not taken any action based on your Resignation, which indicating the unethical, irresponsible and unprofessional behavior of the Management towards an Employee.
Any haw, it is not considerable, if you have not done a serious loss or offence.
It will be batter, If you ones Inform the School management to close the chapter by clearing your Account, otherwise, you can take Legal action through an Advocate.

From India
Dear Sir.
1. check your appointment letter (Appointment, Contract Period if any, Terms & Condition which binded on you & your management)
2. Keep the copy of your resignation.
3. Written letter submit to school management (2-3 times) keep acknowledgement copy.
4. Take lawyer explanation & file case in labour court. (Depend upon your salary + Deposite).

From India, Pune

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server