Hello Guys,I am from India ,I am a fresher with 6 months of experience in the service industry(Real Estate) . Now i have received a offer from a leading speaker manufacture to work in their Dubai office. I have received the signed offer letter and accepted it. The tentative joining date is 10th june. Here is my problem:

1. I cannot join them on the above dates because of delays caused due to getting the ECR* stamp removed

*ECR (emigration clearance required) : It is a stamp on the 2nd page of the passport which needs an ECNR (emigration clearance not required) stamp . It is necessary to get this removed or get the ECNR stamp at-least, to work in gulf countries.

2. This process is relatively simple and does not takes more then 7-8 working days, but as it turns out my name on my education certificate is not exactly the same as the name on the passport due to which i will have to apply for change of name application which will extend the time taken to 30-45days.

I am in touch with the HR based in Dubai and she knows about my situation, all i want to know that whether they will still consider me for a job position with their company when i inform them about the unforeseen delay in joining.

Point to consider: (I humbly request you to read this before replying)

a) Tatkaal application is not a option for me , i have already looked into it. Getting the Stamp from POEs' (protector of Emigrants) office is another option, but the HR informed me that the documents she needs to get attested from the Indian Embassy in Dubai is not possible as the attestation of the documents require the Head of the business division to be present at the Embassy for attestation and currently he is on a business trip for a month.

b) When I first asked the HR to delay my joining dates by 7-8 days siting the ECR reason she told me that I could get it done in 3-4 days and make it in time or else apply for a Tatkaal passport. In any case not giving me the extension , of lately after i informed her about the POE option she told me that in any case it would take 10-15 days so i might as well look at renewing my passport. I have not informed her about the current status which will take 30-45 days time.

Please guide me about my situation and where i stand.

Thank You

From India, Ahmedabad
Hello Ranvijay,
As mention by you do not panic; have patience and thing will be right. I will advise you to keep informed about the current situation and progress to your HR department in weekly basis. Be polite while writing mails and give logical justification if they ask. I have faced this happens during immigration clearance.
Hope this may help you in finding a solution to this situation.

From India, Bhubaneswar
Thank you for replying Shaikh Abedeen, that help me calm my nerves i have sent the HR a mail explaining the current situation and options avilable ahead of me. Waiting for their reply, as she was out for a couple of days I think it will take time to clear the backlog and reply to me.
From India, Ahmedabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server