Trainer - Soft Skills
Targeting Corporate Clients Across Industry
Globally, employee engagement activity is observed to raise the job satisfaction and commitment to the organization. As an HR it should be your KPI to boost the employees in laying out the corporate mission by setting fewer goals and provide benchmarks for progress and let them know what is the employer expectation.
Since your's is generally not a shift that is regular in nature and the slight deviation for the night section reveals a loads of facts. You can generally --
- Measure quality work by limiting the calls to X number in that day (fluctuating to the needs) for resumes gathered, screened sourced, aligned and sent to client. Decide a group that skillfully does the sourcing, then scrutinizing handed over to another group. Finally shuffle duties as per the requisitions made. I'm sure seniors would not be biased thi way & may not feel inferiored.
- Weekend programs in the premises, mostly last half of the session i.e., Friday -- group participation on games, debates etc. (In U.S. weekend is observed low productive in nature)
- Improve the quality or size of their workspace. Reward them with high-profile assignments appealing to their particular talents.
- Any predicament there of can be discussed privately & aptly for a reason on mutual business relationship.
19th February 2013 From India, Visakhapatnam
At KOOH Sports, we offer an array of tailor made games which are inspired from German Telematches and UK's- It's a Knockout. It's a Knockout, a British comedy game show broadcasted on BBC between 1960 – 1990 featured teams representing a town or city competing tasks in absurd games, generally dressed in large foam rubber suits. Games are played against the clock, or as a race. KOOH Sports has tied up with Off-limits Corporate Events Ltd, which entitles the company with the exclusive license to run these (It’s a Knockout- format) games in India.
These games offers a unique platform for corporates to engage their clients, employees and partners. The event can also act as an activation tool during product and brand launches. The fun and thrill element of these games attracts mass participation and offers a good recall value owing to its unique/fun approach.
KOOH Sports offers “a fresh platform for Team Building, Employee engagement , and Corporate networking via sports and fun activity. KOOH games can add incredible significance in terms of team ability and managerial strength, along with the other explicit behavioral progress”, as quoted by one of our clients.
Some of the renowned companies we have catered to are names like- TCS, Glenmark, Edelweiss, HDFC, Wockhardt, Colgate, IFL, EXL, Ernst & Young, Kotak, Tranquill World, Mahindra & Mahindra, HP, DHL, Birla Sun Life Insurance and many more.
I have also attached a deck which will give you complete outline of all our games.
Please do let me know who we could speak with in your organization to take this further.
Chandrakant H Sidhpura
Sales-Event Concepts| +91 8898010160
21st February 2013 From India, Mumbai
1. Take few of them in confidence & understand the cause of their behavior. In spite of god salary and warning if they are continuing negative behavior, there has to be some important reason. Mostly it is related to lack of Job Satisfaction.
2. Games & Activities are fine, but more than that the work given to them shall be challenging. Only engaging activity will not help.
3. Any solution without getting full facts is half ripe. So you have to to talk to them. Play the role of a Counselor. Being in HR, you cannot avoid this talk. There is no alternate.
<link no longer exists - removed>
21st February 2013 From India, Mumbai
As someone who has been working in US staffing since last 11 years, to assess the situation of the organization, you might need to look into the various aspects of the operations in place. Does your organisation have a challenging work environment? does your organization have an aggressive incentive plan? is performance assessment done at regular intervals?
If you can first assess these parameters, and put in place the required processes. Also sometimes its necessary to flushout old blood and bring in some new blood to have a right balance of work environment.
Also if someone is working for so long in an organization doing the same routine work complacency sets in. Also i don't think your measurement of doing a number of calls should not be the criterion of measurement of work. It does not mean that some one who makes so many calls is being productive to the company. It should be only one of the measures of the work. Specially in US staffing business.
Doing only specific job of 1099 or W2 hiring is not an easy job.
Also as Mr. Chandrakanth has pointed out having do outdoor programs once in awhile rejuvenates the staff. You get to know different dimensions of their personalities and take necessary counselling action.
There is no one solution to your problem you have mix and match the suggestions and choose to do the right thing at right time. May be the management also has to give a look at the Business Process and do some tweaking or adding a new & different approach to excel in business which might be interesting and motivating to the staff.
You may reach out to me at 9985590609. Would be glad to help you if you need any more assitance.
22nd February 2013 From India, Hyderabad