Assistant Manager-hrd
Hr Professional With 8 Years Of Exp.
Human Resource Professional
Hr Generalist
Private Consultant On Labour Laws
Nirav Gandhi
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Seniors ,
If any employee who was working in the company for more than 3 yrs and leaves the company at sudden ( Before the month of annual bonus) in such case can employee ask to company for yearly bonus. Also would like to mention that bonus aws not deducted from salary on monthly basis.
Please reply .

From India, Mumbai
Dear Rajesh, If employee will be leaving company by AUG-13 and our bonus calculated APR to MAR then he will be eligible for bonus AUG-13 not for whole year...............
From India, Mumbai
But if Bonus period is Dec to Jan and employee leaves in oct. month without serving notice period then what in that case ?
From India, Mumbai
Dear Member,
then we will pay bonus at the last working day. For example today i m working i.e. 18-02-13 and tomorrow i.e. 19-02-20013i will be leaving my company without intimation or service notice period. my bonus will be calculated 18FEB2013.
You calculate Bonus Till September( i mean at the last working day of the emp)

From India, Mumbai
If you are talking about statutory bonus then your company is liable to pay the bonus to the left employee as we calculate the bonus for April to March and disburse the same by Nov of next financial year.
Please find further clarification on your queries regarding payment of bonus amount:-
Time Limit for Payment of Bonus: Sec-19 :- Within 8 month from the close of the accounting year.
Explanation- Bonus is payable within the 8 months from the close of accounting year(31st March) so bonus is required to be paid by 30th November. (For FY 12-13 Bonus should paid by 30 Nov 2013).
Hence your employer is not wrong as he is saying they will disburse bonus near about Diwali.
Hope you got all the answers.

From India, Kota
Doesn't matter whether you show bonus in salary slip or not. you have to pay the bonus if he has workerd morethan 30 days in eligible period of bonus.
If he has not served the notice period & absconding without completing clearance then you can hold the bonus. when he will come to take the bonus get the clearance done & issue bonus.
Bonus is calculated after balancesheet. (after analyising profit) & balance sheet can not be calculated on calander year. so bonus should be calculated on financial year.
You can pay the bonus in calander year in case if you have made such agreement with union or your percentage is fixed. otherwise it is paid on financial year.
Arun J.

From India, Hyderabad
Dear ,
Employee is eligible for Bonus if he fulfill the below mention points at the of Bonus
distribution & if employee left the organization before the Bonus distribution as prescribed in act then during three year he can claim the same from the organization.
• Every employee shall be entitled to be paid by his employer in an accounting year, bonus, in accordance with the provisions of this Act, provided he has worked in the establishment for not less than thirty working days in that year. (Section 8)
• Where an employee has not worked for all the working days in any accounting year, the bonus payable to him under Sec.13 to shall be proportionately reduced .

From India, Haldwani
Hi all!!
According to Sec 8 of Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
Eligibility for bonus.—Every employee shall be entitled to be paid by his
employer in an accounting year, bonus, in accordance with the provisions of this
Act, provided he has worked in the establishment for not less than thirty working
days in that year.
and Sec 13 of Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
Employee is means any person (other than an apprentice) employed on a
salary or wage not exceeding ten thousand rupees] per
mensem in any industry to do any skilled or unskilled manual, supervisory,
managerial, administrative, technical or clerical work for hire or reward,
whether the terms of employment be express or implied
So depends upon the Designation and salary, you can issue the bonus in propotionate for the period of working days in the last year.

From India, Chennai
Dear All,
If an employee has worked for more than thirty (30) days in that financial year, he shall be eligible for the payment of bonus under the Payment of Bonus Act,1965. Bonus can be forfeited under Section 9 for committing fraud,theft,misappropriation or sabotage of any property of the establishment including riotous or violent behavior while on duty.The quantum of bonus is decided by the employer after computing the gross profit taking into account the allocable and available surplus as per First or Second Schedule of the Act.
My friend Akhil Gupta has rightly mentioned that the the payment of bonus has to be made within eight months from the close of the accounting year.The minimum bonus has been prescribed as 8.33% and maximum is 20% under Section 10 and 11 of the Act.This condition has been relaxed for certain establishments, which is given in Section 16 of the Act.
BS Kalsi

From India, Mumbai
Akhil is right first of all clerify that it is statutory bonus or exgratia the only clerification can be made. thanks & regards, From, sumit kumar saxena
From India, Ghaziabad

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™