I would suggest that you complete all documentation and handover the same to ex-employee and then let them submit the documents to the PF authorities and follow up for the same. If there is any problem from employer side for PF clearance, then you can surely help them.
Do not take the responsibility, as earlier i have faced a lot of problem earlier.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Madhura

It is the primary responsibility of the company to get the form filled duly signed along with necessary enclosures and forward the same to PF office. Once it is submitted and accepted then it is not the responsibility of the PF office to settle the amount. In case of any clarification if they return the same the company has to forward the same again duly clearing their doubt/attachment etc.

Please inform the ex.employee that it is submitted to the PF Authorities on such and such date duly giving the copy of the forwarding letter and tell them that hereafter it is the responsibility of the PF office to settle the amount and the company in no way responsible for the settlement or influence the pF Office.

once you inform them as above they will not bother you. Let them go and contact the PF office and follow up. Nowadays PF office is sending sms regarding settlement status. Therefore you need not worry about this in future. Also please note that it is the responsibility of the Administration /finance department to send the form to the PF Office and not HR.

From India, Madras
Dear Madhuraparab
After submission of settlement forms, our responsibilities are over at the same time,we have to submit in proper manners.
Moreover Form 5 & 10 to be submitted.Mainly remittance to be made.After fulfilling these conditions then only settlement will be made with in 30 days

From India, Madras
u can withdraw ur pf amount by form 31 note) for house lone u must complete 5 yr for marrige u must complete 7 year
From India, Faridabad
Thank you for your knowledge sharing in this matter.
But the issue is still unclear as some people are still saying that it's the responsibility of Company i.e HR Dept. but some are saying that we can fill the form properly and give to X- Employee for submission to the Govt. Authorities.

From India
Dear Madhura,

There are two option that the company HR submits the form directly to the PF office or the employee gets the sign from the previous employer in all forms(19 & 10C) and also Form 3A and directly submit the form to the PF office.

But if you do the second option by giving the form to the employee the goodwill of the Company / HR department will be lost, this will be spread across the company by the left employee or through his known source causing unnecessary issues among the employees. Negative things always spread faster.

Better you get the form filled from the employee and submit the same to the PF office. You have the PF acknowledgement copy scanned. If any employee raises the query just send the same to the left employee mail id. The employee will not ask anything when you have shown the proof of submission to the him/her.

But as a HR person it is easy to follow up with the PF office authority for the status regularly. also you have the employee PF no. you can check the claim status and update to the employee when he/she asks.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server