Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
One of our ex-employee, Mr. X has resigned his job from ou organization in the month of December 2011. He didn't properly hand over his relieving formalities. We have one certain issue that one of our customer which has been handled by him has to pay a amount of Rs. 11 L to Organization. It is the responsibility of the ex-employee to get the payment from the customer. The payment is due till now even after several follow ups with customer as well as with our ex-employee.
Apart from this, the ex-employee has to pay a amount of Rs. 40,000/- to the organization.
We know where our ex-employee is currently working, can we create some pressure to him by speaking with his senior officers/ HR department.
Kindly suggest me on this issue.

From India, Madras
What is reason of resignation?
Now can you recover the amount due from cusotmer...?
If the customer is not interested to pay he amount then is it only employee's responsibility to recover the due amount...?

From India, Pune
You should find the way to recover the amount from customer. You may issue legal notice to customer with the help of Advocate.
Employee is representative of the organisation. He is responsible for representing the organisation on behalf of the organisation and all responsibility and accountability lies with the organisation. He will be responsibly only when he committed breach of trust between customer and organisation.
Employee is responsible only for Rs. 40,000/- which he owes for the company.
Have you given full & final settlement to employee? You can adjust Rs. 40 k with his full & final settlement
Are you owner of the organisation? Why do you want to do harassment to an ex employee to recover 11 lacs from customer? Has he taken the amount from customer?
If you are an employee and when you leave the organisation. Your owner starts doing same thing with you then how do you feel?
I request do not harass others.

From India, Delhi
Hi Mr. Prashant & Mr. Manjay,
Thanks for your response.
He has resigned his position due to better offer & opportunities in leading organization. We have not yet settled his dues, the amount 40 k which he has to owe to the company is after adjusting his settlement amount.
At the time of relieving, he has committed and assured that customer payment Rs. 11 L will be collected before January 2012.
But now he is not taking any responsibility for the customer payment & as well as for his personal dues.
Kindly give your suggestion.

From India, Madras
You may issue notice for recovery of 40K to the ex employee.
He is no way responsible for recovery from customer. You have to deal directly with the customer and issue legal notice to customer.

From India, Delhi
Releasing him without any written consent is just foolish act. However, now issue him a letter for settlement of account and responsibility of recovery of dues. Any how, if he accepts and promises for a future date , then it may serve as an evidence.
From India, Kota
is there any notification for minimum wages increased by 15/-for unskilled workers in May'12 or notification of minimum wages of Rs. 7035/- in Delhi
please provide pdf of notification from labour department if anybody have.

From India, Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™