Manager (ir&legal)

Dear all
I have query, we in process of finalizing the Agreement with union for 3 yrs. this is the 1st time we are doing the same. Now what i want to know is if both the parties are agreed with terms and conditions of the agreement and it is signed.
1) Does this agreement has to be registered ?
2) Do we have to involve conciliation officer ( Labour commissioner ) ?
3) If we do not involve him will this agreement will be sham and fake ?
4) and if what after 1 yr workers and ask for changes in the terms and conditions. ? Can Management refuse to do so ?

From India
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply, but my 1 question remained unanswered that is if the agreement is settle between union and employer then do we have to registered the same with registrar office.
Is it mandatory ?

From India
Dear Mr.Prahant If you read the Industrial Disputes Act you will notice that the Act does not refer to the registration of the settlements under this Act. With regards
From India, Madras
No there is no need to get it registered from registrar office however you will send a copy of settlement/agreement to Conciliation Officer/Labour Commissioner of your area.
From India, New Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™