Please tell me what are forms to be submitted to pf office for death case claim. One of our employee died last month. His wife submitted form 19, 10c, 20 and passport size photographs. Please tell me is there any other documents I should submit and like to know what are the benefits she will get it from pf office.
From India, Madras
Hr Executive
Sadashiv Rao
Executive Hr
Abrar Kapadia
Hr Executive
Senior Compliance Officier
+6 Others

Sadashiv Rao

the forms are OK but what about the death certificate?? This is the proof that the employee is no more.
The benefits that his wife will get is the Provident Fund amount what has accumulated in the deceased employees PF account (employer & employee) or if he had opted for the pension scheme during his tenure of service then she will get the pension benefit.
Kindly cross check with the Public Relations Officer in your local PF office. I hope the form 19& 10 C have been duly signed by the employer & submitted to the PF office.
Hope this information will help you out in resolving this case.
Sadashiv Rao :)

From Kuwait, Kuwait

Dear Kanaka

In case of death of an EPF member , the following forms are required to be submitted by the nominee / claimant with sub / Regional PF Commissioner Office.

1.Form No.20 ( For Claiming EPF Contributions)

2.Form No.10-D ( For claiming benefits under Pension Scheme ,1995)

3.Form 5 IF ( For Claiming EDLI benefits under the EDLI Scheme)

4.Death Certificate issued by Panchayat / Registrar in original.

5.Photographs of Claimant(s) duly attested by employer.

6.Proof of date of birth of claimant for pension benefits.

7.Photographs of minors ( Max Two Minors) along with their birth certificates duly attested by employer.

8.Form 5/10 duly signed by employer.

9. Letter by employer declaring claimant as legal heir , if no nomination by member has already been made.

10.Form No.3A current years contribution by employee and employer.

In case of death ( Married Person) : Widow will get the entire contribution made by employee towards the EPF along with the employer's share of contribution with interest till the date of settlement.

She will also be entitled to EDLI ( Employees deposit Linked insurance ) benefits. This will be in shape of a lumpsum amount.

She will be entitled to pension throughout life, to be calculated on the basis of last drawn salary by member.

Two children will also be entitled to Children pension under the Pension Scheme,1995.

In case of Unmarried person : Nominee ( father , Mother , Brother , Sister) will get the contributions paid by the EPF member.

Father / mother will get pension benefits under the Pension Scheme, if they are dependent on the member.

Please let me know any thing else if you require and i can help you in this regards.


Anil Anand

From India, New Delhi
Sadashiv Rao

Dear Anil ,
Thank you very much for the detailed answer which Kanaka. This is very very elaborate & I am sure that this will help solve the individual's query. Also your answer has enlightened me as I was not aware of certain points since I am currently based abroad.
Thank you very much again.
Sadashiv :D

From Kuwait, Kuwait

Dear Sadashiv
I must say that Social security scheme enacted through statutory means in india are excellent. Almost every part has been taken care while enacting a law. But unfortunately these schemes are still not being implemented in its true spirit. The reason behind is awareness level.
Employers do not know the benefits which will draw if they implement the scheme and also employees are not aware of benefits of the schemes.
Due to unawareness this contribution towards the fund is becoming more of a burden on employer as well as on employees. It our duty to spread the awareness among the members of the scheme and also to the employers so that the security which the law says should reach to concerned.
Anil Anand

From India, New Delhi

PFA forms it would help you.
From India, Pune

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: zip Claim Formats - Death Benefits.zip (190.5 KB, 13611 views)


Dear Sir,
Pl let me know employee resign from my company and join to another company but he can't withdraw his PF amount.right now he is no more (death) and his wife claim for PF amount. pl let me know the procedure and documents requied for setttlement

From India, Pune

Dear Sir,
Pl let me know, if employee resign from current company and join to another company but he can't withdraw his PF amount. After joining another company he will die (death) and his wife claim for PF amount. So pl let me know the procedure and documents required for settlement of claim.

From India, Pune

my query is this if an employee left the organisation and after two months has expired but his pf if lying with pf deptt and his service period is 3 years.
is his nominee eligible for Widow pension or not.
Best Regards
Bhagwati prasad Jamloki

From India, Gurgaon
can you please tell me if one of our employee (unmarried) has expired. His nominee was his father
unfortunately his parents is also no more. Is it possible that his brothers/sisters can avail for pf withdraw??
pl do suggest
waiting for reply

From India, Delhi

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server