Hussain Zulfikar
Hris Implementation, Payroll, Recruitment,
Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling
High Finance
Security Gaurd
+1 Other

Thread Started by #fiza28

Hello All,
Iam a new entrant to this forum.Please guide me on the following issue:-
I had worked in a company in Sharjah during 2008-2010 . Due to family reasons , and i have been back to india for my vacation and i have some family problem so i could not send my passport back to shajah, now there is any problem if i did not send my passport back to my company,and now can i apply visa to other countries except UAE.
9th July 2011 From India
Dear Fiza28
Please provide more information regarding your query.
What type of VISA were you on ? (Commercial or Dependent) you mentioned you were working in 2008-10.
Did you resign from the Job you were working at?
Did your employer cancel your VISA after resignation?
Also please note that, Indian Passport is a property of Indian Government issued to Indian nationals to make foreign travel. Your passport cannot leave country or cross borders without you.
Please go through your Passport for a VISA (Residence) page and check the validity (expiry date) of the VISA.
9th July 2011 From Kuwait, Salmiya
Dear Hussain,
my visa is employment visa, i had been to india for my vacation and i did not resign my job and due to family problem i have to be here in india,and today there called up and asking for my passport for cancellation and i could not send because i have a problem over there in sharjah,so can i apply any job in other countries except UAE.
9th July 2011 From India
Hi Fiza28
As per the incomplete situation you have described in your post, what I understand is..
You were working in Sharjah, left Sharjah for a vacation and after coming to India, you decided not to go back to the same employer !!
You mentioned that you have a problem in Sharjah !! Well its your personal matter, you need to first be clear in your mind, what you are doing is right or not.
In any case, you cannot separate your passport from your possession. unless asked to be surrendered by Indian Government.
I cannot advise you on this matters as your query is not clear and also sound something is wrong !!
9th July 2011 From Kuwait, Salmiya
Dear Hussain,
nothing wrong over here, there are asking to send my passport for the cancellation of my visa,if i did not send my passport for cancellation can i apply a visa for another country or not.
9th July 2011 From India
Hi Fiza
My response are as per your postings, if you were working in Sharjah, then you must resign from your job, complete the exit process, handover any property of the company you possess, complete your full and final settlement due if any, and then your employer may cancel the VISA.
As per my knowledge, if u stay out of UAE more than 6 months your residence visa will become invalid but its not cancelled, therefore you cannot obtain a new VISA to UAE unless the previous VISA is cancelled. for cancelling the VISA, you may send your passport copy with relevant pages. Provided that you are all clear from your employer and government dues.
Sending your original Passport to UAE via courier to cancel your VISA !!, this may be practiced in UAE, but I feel its not safe to send your passport like this. speak to your employer and see if there is an alternative way to cancel VISA.
9th July 2011 From Kuwait, Salmiya
Hi Fiza
You can apply for VISA of another country, however regarding GCC countries, if you are put on absconder list in UAE, than getting a VISA for another GCC country can be an issue. Please check with UAE Embassy for clarfiication, they can guide you on this matter. How you can cancel your VISA.
9th July 2011 From Kuwait, Salmiya
Hi Fiza In my opinion yes, there shouldnt be a problem, as US or UK visa procedures are different. You can check with consulates of this countries for normal visa procedures.
9th July 2011 From Kuwait, Salmiya
Hello fiza28,

Hussain has guided you very well.

However, let me add one important aspect in the whole issue--from a larger perspective.

Pl note that whenever one applies for a Visa to any country--NOT just UK or USA--the individual's passport xerox copy [of ALL the pages, including blank ones] has to be sent to the Visa Applying Employer for the necessary Approvals BEFORE one goes to the Local Embassy/Consulate in India for the Stamping [& even when it's a case of Port-of-Entry Visa process like it is for Singapore]. This is, by & large, the process for any country [even though I am basing this on our Company's experience w.r.t. USA & Singapore].

This is where you MAY GET HIT, if you don't CLOSE your case properly w.r.t. the UAE Visa.

W.r.t. sending your Passport to the UAE Employer for THEIR visa cancellation formalities, I agree with Hussain. In fact, I also apprehend a more serious turn of events [since, frankly, I am not so sure that the passport is needed PHYSICALLY for such cancellation. What if the UAE Company is trying to play a dirty trick on you--for what you did to them? Frankly, YOU DEFINITELY DID A MISTAKE in not resigning formally or even inform them appropriately. However or in whatever way you want to justify your action, it's JUST NOT CORRECT.

Take Hussain's advice & contact the Local Embassy in India for the right process to cancel your UAE Visa.

All the Best.


10th July 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Not cancelling a work visa is serious issue in UAE. if you have been declared as an absconder your visa can be cancelled by sponsor company, but you will carry this in your immigration records. Not aware of the circumstances and what wrong has been done, you are advised not to part with your passport under any circumstances. UAE embassy will certainly be able to help you and set your record right if you have not committed a crime in UAE.
10th July 2011 From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Dear Fiza

In addition to TS's advise, please note that, for cancelling VISA in UAE this is the process, however do confirm from the official sources.

Employed person seeking to cancel the UAE VISA, has to obtain a cancellation form duly filled and signed by the employer, this cancellation form has to be submitted to the concerned Ministry (Ministry of Naturalization and Residence I think) along with your original passport and copies, after reviewing the submitted documents, Ministry does verification check regarding any pending cases of the person. after all steps are clear, Ministry stamps VISA page on the passport with a cancelled Stamp. this process completes the VISA cancellation. your original passport is required.

However, you cannot just directly send the passport to UAE, as TS suggested, your employer may either give you hard time to get it back, or it may simply get lost due to careless handling.

I m also aware that, for UK and US VISA applications, you need to submit copies of all the pages of your passport, letter of invitation from the concerned sponsor from that country. PCC from regional passport office, Bank Statement (only in some cases) etc

You can check with UAE embassy in India, if they can assist you in canceling your VISA in India, you can request for the cancellation form from your employer.

Also note that, incase in future if you wish to travel to UAE, you may face hurdles due to not cancelling your VISA. as your current VISA has become Invalid (6 months out of country) but not cancelled. Tricky Law .. but what to do !!
10th July 2011 From Kuwait, Salmiya
I joined with company in Dubai Media City on Sep 12 2004 as Video Editor, On March 10th 2007 I went on a Vacation to my home country and returned back on 25th April 2007, When i report to the company; HR Manager told that due to heavy lose company was forced to reduce staff and unfortunately i was there on the list of termination and they gave me permission to stay on their visa till the expiry date of my visa which is Dec 12 2007.As i just returned from my vacation i was running out of money to find a new job even though i Tried for 3 days inside media city but couldn't find one after giving a call to concerned person who was in charge of the office at that time I flied to my homeland.

After 8 years now i got a job in Abu Dhabi. when they submitted for my visa it got rejected because of a Absconding reported by my old company.Now when i tried to contact the company i got the news that the company got closed by 2010.

Request you to assist me how can i lift my ban as my company was closed in UAE.

I am ready to pay all government related fees and penalties to clear my BAN in UAE.

Thanks and Regards,

2nd February 2015 From Qatar, Doha
hello ... me majid from pakistan em new here in uae in a security company not in a free zone my problm is that our company dosent give us any DPS card or any othr certifacte from uae gov. secondly company pay us only 1400 dhs of 12 hours duty but as a labour law basic salary of security is 1200dhs but ckmpany give us basic 700dhs he say 2 day off in a month but i cant take it... thirdly i do 3 years civil enginering diploma now i want to ask how i cancel my visa change my job... and if company dosent cancel me what i do for it..?
14th June 2015 From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Good Evening.i have got visa from fine touch consultancy.but i didnt join there.iwant cancel my old visa.can u send me details of cancel issued visa.
A4A9475FXR849 514784
9th July 2015 From India, Patna
I went to dubai in 2010 in employment visa after one month i returned to India , I got a job now in Abudabi in 2015 , in my visa process application any problem will occur ? Kindly help me Thank you.
My passport changed because of change in my date of birth issue
11th November 2015 From India, Pathanamthitta
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co