Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,
Can any1 tel hw 2 calculate compensation benefits manually using formulas? Mr. Javed Alam's calculator is really very useful bt, I want to knw with slab rates... And will the slab differs for different states? Kindly reply...

From India, Hyderabad
If any Managerial cadre employee or Supervisor cadre employee met with fatal accident/permanent disable accident, then is he eligible for any type of compensation under any act? Please repply
From India
Employees Compensation Act has not restricted the compensation to workmen as defined in ID Act and as such all employees are covered under the Act. Madhu.T.K
From India, Kannur
Dear Mr. Javed Alam,
The calculation sheet is really very useful, thank you very much for sharing. I have notice that you have not included point
(d) Where temporary disablement, whether total or partial results from the injury" -: a half -monthly payment of the sum equivalent to 25% of monthly wages of the employee,
This is in the case of injured employee's monthly salary to be paid.
Kaushik Vyas

From India, Hyderabad
Thanks for sharing to all , Good calculation, . Really worth .
Rameish Emandi
Manager-HR,IR& Admin.
Head of Human Resources.
Empee Distilleries Ltd
[email protected]

From India, Nellore
Hello sir,

I have a doubt related to Workmen compensation. One of my friend constructed a house in rural area of TamilNadu in 2010 and he is agriculturist. with lot of difficulty house work completed. He had given construction work to contractor and he had no formal agreement with contractor. One of the employee employed by contractor met with an accident due to high power electric current and lost his hand below the elbow. Medical charges taken care by both my friend and contractor. It is of no use. Now as per Workmen compensation Welfare commmission he has to pay 5.95 Lakhs and interest of 12% from the date of accident. so the total amount to pay is 10L. he is agriculturist and with lot of difficulty he built the house and he has debts too. In fact the cost of the house contruction is less compared to compensation amount he has to pay . He spent only 6L to the house.Please advice what is the procedure. He is not in a position to pay this lump sum amount at any cause. Is there any way to pay less amount / any partial/ yearly payment option avaialble. Your help is greatly appreciated.


Seethalakshmi P

From India, Bengaluru
Excellent work done ! Really helpful to caliculate EC quickly and accurately. Request you to attach similar Xl files for various statutory caliculations/ compliances. Sarisri.
From India, Mumbai
can u please clarify if the monthly wage is less than 8000/- then we have to take the actual wages or rs. 8000 for calculation purpose.
From India, Vijayawada
In case the actual wages is less than 8000, you can take the actual wages. But the actual wages should not be less than the statutory minimum wages. Madhu.T.K
From India, Kannur
Respected Sir
Could u plzz help me to find out the compensation of the worker got injured at my father's factory? Details are as under:
My father is a sole proprietor having manufacturing unit and employing more than 20 workers.
The worker got injured while at work, his arm got amputated at elbow.
His salary: 5500
Age: 55
Served: 1 year
plzz reply soon
and thanks in advance

From India, Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™