you can prepare a master colour sample and get approved from customer
you know the colour tend to fade, so the validity to be maintained for the sample master
and fix frequency for changing of master, keep regular change of masters and approval
Keep matching the colour and try to make attribute control chart with Yes No type for the sampling you make
From India, Madras
WE use six sigma technique for reading when exams near......
SIX SIGMA control system is the most important question in our examination?
WE learn that question only everytime.
SIX SIGMA is the god of all the answers.......
From India, Hyderabad
I do not know whether you want to test others in this forum or you want some help in formulating your assignments.
Any way here is the required.
First for any fabric color testing there are following basic requirements:
1) There are PANTONA colour shades which are widely accepted as standard shades. You can match the color of the fabric with specific shades of the PANTONA sheets. You can flag the variations in every ten /twenty five/ fifty/ hundred meters.
2) The quality control system has to have major and minor shade variations - depending on the type of fabric/ dye/ yarn.
The spread of colors on the yarn has to be tested before the fabric is tested. This decides the uniformity of the fabric color.
3) Based on the number of variations found per every specified length ( i.e ten/ twenty five/ fifty meters etc) you may do the route cause analysis and arrive at a solution.
4) You may also adopt first time right by yarn color inspection to avoid post weaving analysis.
5) If you have baking / oven cure for fabric for stabilization of color or sienging ( flame curing) then you may keep the temperature variation charts to know the effect on the fabric color variation and make a stage wise analysis.
Hence all the tools of problem solving can be used based on your process sequencing and data analysis capacity.
Dayanand L Guddin
Endurance Technologies Ltd
From Singapore, Singapore
JIT , GANTT CHART and PERT have nothing to do with "colour testing" or even for that matter routine "Quality Control" activities in textile manufacturing.
JIT:-Inventory items arrive when they are needed in the production process instead of being stored in stock. The ultimate goal of a JIT inventory system is to eliminate raw material inventories by coordinating production and supply deliveries precisely.
GANTT CHART:-A scheduling / planning tool that shows in bar graph form when tasks are supposed to be done and compares that with the actual progress on each esp. in project management
PERT:-A flowchart-like diagram depicts the sequence of activities needed to complete a project and the time or costs associated with each activity
From India, Madras