As a HR professional having handled recruitments at all levels, I wish to share some points. The art of Interveiwing is a special skill, which is enriched by experience.
- Basically, you should thoroughly go thru his/her Resume in detail and have a bit of frame of mind as to his profile and suitability.
- Have a telephonic discussion before calling the candidate and find out his interest for change of job, and his seriosness as well.
- Call him/her the day when you exclusively devote for interveiw and not more than two candidates a day.
- Always make a comfortable ambeince ( Aviod Mobile, visitors etc) give a brief of your Company before interveiwing and speak only good points of your Company.
- Say him his role and reporting relationship clearly and why you want to have a managerial position.Understand his current responsibilities and his special achievements,his communication levels,professional command, and leadership quality to handle a team under him.
- Have two/three levels of interveiw to check the technical ability. See if his CTC matches. Close only if you do not get better candidate.
- Last but least, be confident that he/she continues for a longer period and you also give a brief about your Company's procedure of Performance Reveiw and do not give any assurance.
From India, Madras
I dont know for what post u r talking abt I mean job Manager accounts, Manager sales or what but in all respect you just try to find out whether he is capable of managing things. Manager is not to work he is to manage the things. Whether he is able to delegate work, he must have capacity to get the work done. Delegation is the main thing and to get work done.
follow this line for interview.
From India, Pune
1. It is better that you make a questions on your note book as profile.
2. Show the confident i.e. you are the only one.
3. Think about first his/her cv & arise some questions such as profile, family background, growth path & salary structure.
4. Try to read the face reading.
Although if any doubt mail to me.
Manager - HRM & IR (MNC)
From India, Delhi
jobeshdear deepika just go through dis attachment, u may get some idea.
From India, Kochi
This is good opportunity for you to learn.. be confident and ask the question which you generally ask to the other.. according to thier profile. As per his/ her past experience and his family background, you would come to know about his behaviour and presentation skill. and ask about his reporting authority.,. which shows his intelligence and working way in the organisation. Good luck.
From India, Pune
satishpatil005can u plz send me the exact questions and answers what we should ask at the time of interview and get the answers at the time of hiring Managerial level position. regards, Satish Patil.
From India, Aurangabad
I'm considering that you will be executing Interview for Mid-level Employee. Here are few inputs-
A. Focus more on the Assignments the candidate had executed.
B. Area of Interest of Candidate in the domain, where you can generate questions.
C. Ask some lateral thinking questions.
*Ebook on Lateral Thinking is with me, will be delighted to share with you.
D. Ask critical questions, mentioning his/her contribution and achievements in the tasks.
E. Ask him to elaborate more on the innovation or achievements, cost-cutting initiatives taken by him.
From India, Mumbai
Please see the main questions for interview:
- Q: Please tell me about your self.
- Total work experience.
- Why did you choose only HR.
- Will you work with team or independent?
- What are you looking after in current?
- Tell me PF/ESI rules or something……………?
- What is organ - gram in your department?
- How many reporting to you & you are report to whom.
- Why do you want to leave your current organization?
- What is your strength & weakness?
- What is your achievement? Or do you have any achievement.
- What about your current boss.
- Tell me about current organization.
- What do you mean IR/ER?
- Do you know about strikes?
- Are you member any club or any society.
- Did you take any specific any training?
- What is first – Aid?
- What will you do in case of an emergency situation?
- What will you do in case of fire?
- Why do you want to join our company?
From India, Delhi
bringmetolifeAsk him questions regarding stuff on his resume. Ask him how he’d act in different situations.
From India, Bangalore