Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries,
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All
A employee of our company has served his previous employer for 12.5 years. He has withdrawn his P.F. from there and now wish to merge his pension fund of previous employer with his current employer (our company).
Kindly help me on following points:-
1) How can it be done. The complete process i.e the forms to be filled etc.
2) When can it be done, as in, some one told me that it can only be done at the time of his retirement or leaving job from our company. Is this true or I can do it now as well.
Waiting for your response. My company is based in Haryana and his previous employer was of haryana as well. and he is around 15 years far from his retirement.
Thanks and Regards
<image no longer exists>

If he had worked for 12.5 years (more than 10 years) and had withdrawn the provident Fund contributions, he should have obtained a scheme certificate in lieu of withdrawal benefit of Pension Fund contribution. That is, an employee who had worked at least for 9 years and six moths will not be able to get withdrawal benefit of Pension Fund, instead, he will get a (Scheme) Certificate from the Ministry of Labour certifying his past service, details of his and his family members like date of birth etc. The purpose of this certificate is that once he joins another establishment to which PF is applicable he can surrender the Scheme Certificate and get the benefit of past service added to the current service. Therefore, please verify whether he possesses any scheme certificate or not and if available, collect it and send it to the PF office for surrendering. His past service will automatically be added to the present service. If not available, please check with PF office.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes he does possess a scheme certificate. Do I need to fill in some form for the same?
After surrendering the certificate, his pension will be merged with current company and he can get the benefits once he retire from here?

You need not send any particular form along with scheme certificate but you can send it along with form 5 or if you have already sent the form 5 earlier you can send the scheme certificate separately with a covering letter addressed to the Asst. provident Fund Commissioner. The rest the PF office will take care of.

Dear Haya,
The correct procedure is while leaving the previous job, employee had to apply for scheme certificate. While joining new service, it is to be transferred to new service.
However now you may transfer the previous service by applying form 13 immediately.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™