Latest up date from ESI Workshop.
1. Project Panchadeep - The ESI would be going online from May 24th 2010, ESI had given the IT Roll out project to Wipro and this project was named as Project Panchadeep.
2. Generate Challan and Make payment - All ESI challans and payments should be generated online and made onine. The trackers too can be viewed online.
3. Filing of Returns - Since all the Challan and remittance details would be available online, there is no need of filing the Half yearly returns.
During the above discussions, below clarifications where asked and noted down.
1. The Green or blue challan for remitting the ESI amount would not be accepted in any SBI branch w.e.f 24th May 2010.
2. Once the company has registered its name in the online portal, the ID and password would be issued by the ESI department in a day or two.
3. The employer can login to www.ESIC.in
4. For the branch offices across India can get their sub code by registering on line.
5. All the Employees details should be fed-in, in the form of declaration. Once the declaration is fed, the Insurance number for individual will be generated and the printout can be issued to the empoloyee with his Photograph attached.
6. The ESI would be issuing original PEHCHAN CARDS to all such members on receipt of the temporary card, hence members would have to personally visit the ESI Office to obtain the PEHCHAN CARD both for individual and family. Note - At the time of issing the PEHCHAN CARD the finger prints of individual and family members would be obtained for identification purpose.
7. Joinee and Resignee details if any should be captured online.
8. At present all the remittances should be made offline, that is through cash or cheque, since the online payment option is not available for atleast two to three months from now.
Shiva Kumar R 24th May 2010