pinki gupta

I face a problem in a company. Please reply me how to solve.
We hire a new female employee in our company. She complained me that she is sexually harassed by one of the senior who is working with company from last 10 years.Now what i need to do.
Waiting for reply

From India, New Delhi
Vice President - Hr/hcm/people Success
Accounts & Finance
Yatin Pundhir
Industrial Relation
Hr & Ir
Sr Associate Hr/ir
H R (editorial) Manager
Ajay Vashisht
Labour Laws&industerial Relation
Taxation: Sales Tax, Vat, Cst
Pinki Gupta
Hr Professional
+3 Others

pinki gupta

Hi One of the interview askes me this question in the interview. so i want to know answer of this question.
From India, New Delhi

File is attached herwith all details are in the attached file.
From India, Pune

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Sexual Harassment.pdf (69.2 KB, 5278 views)


Dear Pinki,
Do take the issue to the management and ask for a prospective reply. Ask the person who had been involved to give a written explanation to the situation. Ask that female employee to state to the management that if the issue has not been given a correct solution then it may be escalated legally.
The management would definitely do so as the reputation of the organization would be on stake. The immediate thing is that to dismiss the person who was involved with immediate effect. Prior to that you have to get a written statement stating a reason for his act.

From India, Bangalore

Dear Pinki,
Kindly verify the records of the female employee and also check the track record of the senior person since you have stated that the person is having 10 years of experience .Later the management can take decision.It should be dealt with silkenhands.

From India, Mumbai

You need to check the credibility of both the employees.
Make domestic enquiry about the issue, but closely such that it should not pass negative waves. Make sure that in the earlier records whether Top management took any actions in such cases, if any. If not, check the policies of the organisation / take the same to the Top management desk.
If any of the party is accused, take action.

From India, Madras

Ascertain the truth of the allegations of the female employee.If they are true, the senior employee has to be admonished and should be asked to correct his behaviour.It should be ensured that such instances are not repeated. Otherwise the image of your firm is likely to suffer among your customers and prospective employees.If such behaviour persists, the offending employee should be punished according to your company's conduct rules. If the allegations are frivolous, then suitable action should also be taken against the female employee.

From India, Hyderabad
1st of all you have to be the mediator of your senior worker and the female employee.Then you have to look after the truthness of the problem.If you see that the senior worker has done the wrong then punish him without harrasing him bcoz he is working in your company for a continuous period of 10 yrs.If this is the first time warn him.If you see that the lady is not telling the truth then strictly warn her and inform her that if further alligations against the senior worker arose by her, then she will be suspended from the work.
From India, Calcutta

Constitute a committee with senior lady employee as a member. Other three members are to be drawn from senior cadre since the complaint is against senior manager.
Ask the committee to investigate and submit report within 48 hours.
Take action based on the enquiry report. If found guilty, the senior manager shall be terminated and if the complaint is found to be false then the complainent need to be warned.
Hara Gopal
Solar Semiconductor Private Limited

From India, Hyderabad
This matter is critical because if the senior is on mistake then it is a loss for company so arrange a committee that will hear both of them an don consequences make the decision and remember that rule is rule.If He is at mistake then give him a penalty.
<link no longer exists - removed>
Water Damage Glendale
Fire Restoration North Hollywood

From Pakistan

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server