Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Assistant Human Resource Manager
Hr Manager
Hrd, Labour Law, Oc, Od
+5 Others

Dear Concerned,
I left one of the Organisation 5 years back and due to lack of knowledge / time i didn't withdraw my PF.
I have my PF details with me, please suggest on how to proceed for that and also let me know if i am eligible for it or not.
Leon ...
21st October 2009 From India, Delhi
Please fill in form 19 and form 10 C and get it countersigned by the past employer and send it to the EPF Office where your accounts were maintained. If you are not able to contact the employer for his signature, please get these forms signed by your Bank manager (or such other officers like gazetted officer, MP, MLA etc) and submit. Your settlement will come to your bank account within a couple of months (depending upon the working attitude of the staff at EPFO)
21st October 2009 From India, Kannur
Dear Madhu Sir,
Thank you for reply, I was in Delhi in Call Centre, and I think i will manage to get the form signed by the Employer on the forms.
Sir one more query, where can check my PF Balance?
Thank you once again for this advice.
Leon ...
22nd October 2009 From India, Delhi
You can check your PF balance from a link available in the website of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation. If not available, you can get it from the EPFO's office personally also.
It is not mandatory that the withdrawal forms should be signed by the employer. It can be signed by any person authorised in this respect like Bank Manager, MP, etc
22nd October 2009 From India, Kannur
dear friend,
i think u r working as a call centre employee in delhi. why u with draw the pf amount.
u can transfer ur EPF amount previous organisation to existing organisation. once u contact with ur HR Dept, they will give the Form - 13 PF Transfer. Its better to utilise the EPF benefits.
23rd October 2009 From India, Visakhapatnam
Dear Madhu Sir,
It is always so good that from your posting we learn a new things.
Please provide me the dettails for the provision that it is not necessay to sign the PF form from the past employer or they can be signed by the gazetted officers also.
I have so many cases in my hand where they have to withdraw their pf but due to lack of knowledge of this i am not able to suggest them the right path.
Is this provisions are also covered for trust peple.
Some times employer not process PF forms due to recovery on th employees. Though we cannot deduct any amount from the pf but employer pressurise employee for that money.
Your early response will be appreciated.
23rd October 2009 From India, New Delhi
Yes, Mr Gouri is telling the right thing. It is better to transfer the PF to your current account in stead of Withdrawing. Apply through your current regional PF office in Form-13 for transfer and please ensure that, the returns have been submitted in time by your previous employer.
23rd October 2009 From India, Bhubaneswar
Dear Mr. Madhu t.k.
As you responded to leeonvoyage query regarding PF; I also have the same prblm , I filled the form and get it signed by the bank manager; as i was not able to locate my ex-employer.
But the same is returned back after 2 months , saying, we will not refund unless and until it is signed by previous employer.
The truth is after making every effort, i am not able to locate my p-employer.
What to do? Pls guide.
Thanks & Rgds,
23rd October 2009 From India, Ahmadabad
Smita, Please consult your lawer and give notice to the concerned office. He will immediately respond your query. K.Ramachandran
23rd October 2009 From India, Madras
Dear, Its not necessary to sign withdrawl form from the employer it can be signed by the bank manager, MLA etc. WIth regards Sunny Mahajan Sr Hr Executive.
23rd October 2009 From India, Calcutta
You can check your withdrawl status by login
23rd October 2009 From India, Calcutta
Dear Seniors,

The concept behind getting the signature of the employer is that the claimant has left the organisation. Also, the PF department should know on hand about the past contributions deducted/made on behalf of such employers.

On the other hand, every employer is required to file annual returns of the deductions in March. Hence, for employees who have left long before, the contributions must have been filed and it will not be a difficult task for the department to find the balance available.

Also, think of a position where many companies are closed. In such cases, where can an employee go to get the signture (Probably if it is chit fund, he can try his luck in jails!!)

So logically, the department can not hold your claim for lack of employer's signature. I do not think that we need any settled legal position for this. If the department is refusing to accept the claim in spite of any mention in the individuals application to the effect that the employer is refusing to sign/employer is no more existing, then it is a gross violation by the department. If the employer is live, then the department can call for the explanation from the employer as the statutory payments can not be withheld at any cost.

Krishnaraj P R

23rd October 2009 From India, Madras
It may be wrong on the part of the EPF authorities to return the withdrawal form for want of previous employer's signature. At the most EPF authorities can insist for an affidavit to be executed by the claiment and then settle the claim if otherwise in order.
23rd October 2009 From India, Mumbai
Good message for all employee of the company. Thanks for your reply. how can i check my PF Balance bcz I am already worked in private company in chennai for the last 2 1/2 years, my company does not issue any PF statement to me.
24th October 2009 From India, Madras
Dear Samita Kakkar & others

The procedure to be followed by the member if the employer is not attesting his claim forms?

It is the duty of the employer under the Act & Scheme to help Employees' Provident Fund organisation to settle the Provident Fund dues of his employees. He has to complete the prescribed application within 5 days of receipt [para72(5)] forms & hand over it to the member when he leaves the service. When a member finds difficult to get the form attested by the employer, he can get the attestation of any of the following officer & send to the Provident Fund office

1. Manager of a bank.

2. By any gazetted officer.

3. Member of the Central Board of Trustees./ committee/ Regional Committee (Employees'

Provident Fund Organization).

Magistrate/ Post/ Sub Post Master/ President of Village Panchayat/ Notary Public.

If you do not received your claim, you kindly contact to me over phone, the P.F.deptt. can not deny the P.F.withdrawl attested by the above, as it has also been written in their pumphlets.



24th October 2009 From India, New Delhi
if a employee covered in PF & working with us from last 3 yrs, now he need some partial amount from his pf amount. is there is any provision for withdraw amount. plz guide me. K.K.Jangid.
27th October 2009 From India, Ghaziabad
There is no partial withdrawal of PF but for some specific purposes, say for marriage, eduaction of children, meeting hospitalisation expenses, construction/ purchase of houses, non receipt of salary for at least two months etc and following some service eligibility conditions, advance from PF will be given. For marriage, a minimum service of seven years and for construction/ purchase of residential building a minimum service of five years is mandatory. For details please go through the website of EPFO.
28th October 2009 From India, Kannur
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™