malikjsDear all by seeing present conditions and changing laws ,i need policy on environment.if anyone has this policy,may please forward the same. regards js malik
From India, Delhi
PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
From your statement about your requirement of "Enviornment Policy" I can exhibit following sample may that help you because policy statements of each orrganization depends on their nature of business and its impact on the enviornment. Accordingly organizations prepare their policy on Enviornment:
Corporate Environmental Policy
We recognize that our business activities contribute to carbon emissions and we stand committed to aligning our customers needs with our social responsibility. In todays global market-place, sustainability is paramount and for this reason, continually evolves in order to meet environmental demands centered on the following ideologies.
Waste reduction and recycling: As a high-volume purchaser, we continually invest in new, more efficient equipment that creates less waste. We also lead a progressive recycling program and seek out new ways to ensure ethical forest management in the material we buy.
Renewable energy: Electricity is one of the largest contributors to carbon emissions. We have taken steps to reduce electricity consumption and to replace non-renewable energy sources with environmentally friendly wind power.
Continuous improvement: Aside from following Central environmental laws and regulations, we continually seek out innovative alternatives to offset the harmful effects our energy consumption. By encouraging the efforts of our consumers and suppliers, we promote resource conservation in our daily work and will continue to foster and support increasingly responsible corporate citizenship.
by seeing present conditions and changing laws ,i need policy on environment.if anyone has this policy,may please forward the same.
From Saudi Arabia
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar
Sample Environmental Policy
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
- integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
- train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
- avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
- communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
- strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
(print name) .
Sample of an environmental policy statement
XYZ Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
Sample Policy Statement
Newly-Enlightened Co accepts responsibility for the harmful effects its operations have on both the local and global environment and is committed to reducing them.
Newly-Enlightened Co will measure its impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
The Company will comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
The Company will implement a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Companys performance.
Newly-Enlightened Co will encourage the adoption of similar principles by its suppliers.
Signed by Mr Green, Company Director
Feel free to use elements of the above policy statements in your own business.
A Pro Forma Environmental Policy Statement
(Name of company)
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to
Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and confirm to the high standards it required.
Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
Update, our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
_________________________ is committed to achieving high standards of environmental quality and providing a safe and healthful workplace for our employees. We will comply with all applicable regulatory requirements. We will strive to be leaders in pollution prevention through source reduction, reuse, and/or recycling and by participating in the Michigan Great Printers Project. We will ensure that any wastes remaining are properly disposed of in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
This is the environmental policy of a small environmental services company specializing in wastewater treatment and laboratory analysis of effluent. The policy should be signed by the companys President.
We supply quality products and services. This requires the commitment of everyone working in this institution to pursue our activities safely, protecting our health and preserving the environment.
To realize this vision we will:
Establish and review periodically our environmental goals within a program of continual improvement.
Comply with legal requirements pertinent to our industry and with the requirements of other initiatives we enter into in accordance with our commitment to offer quality products and services.
Conduct laboratory analyses and supply environmental services without risk to workers health.
Operate the laboratory with a minimum of waste, in current and future operations.
Pursue our work with a minimum of disturbance to our neighbors and the community.
Maintain our vehicles in optimal condition to minimize their consumption of fuel and their emissions to the atmosphere.
Manage our chemical products safely, principally to prevent spills in their storage and transport.
This policy and any subsequent modifications should be familiar to all employees and available to the public. Implementation of this policy is a primary objective of the President and the responsibility of all employees.
From India, Coimbatore
sheoran.amitDear Malik Ji, Please find attached as required by you
From India, Pilani
MRENAL CHANDHOKMr. Malik thanks for sharing this, If you share the password to open this document then it’s really helpful.
From India, Ghaziabad
Dax2616What is the password opening for this file?
From India, Pune