Branch Manager - Operations
Dr. Jogeshwar Mahanta
Hr Executive & Admin
Manager - Hr
I need on clarification under maternity Act,
If an employee worked 80 days in the preceeding months, she is elligible to get the maternity benefit as per act.
1. Our Compnay has not registered under ESI,PF,Gratuity, etc. In such a case what we have to do.
(we are pvt registeration company, only 0ur strength is 50.)
2. Either if she is under probation or contact,whether is elligible to get it.
3. What do u mean average salary?
4. In our company we have slalary components are 40% Basic, 30%Conveyance, 30%HRA. Rs. 100/200 (less from basic) Edu. Allowance. the calculation is based on Salary fixation, For eg. if Rs. 10000 is a salary then 3900,3000,3000,100 respectively. Rs. 200 if it is above Rs. 10000/-.
In such a case what is average salary in it.?
5. I came know the company can have own policy or it can follow Act. Is it true?
6. Some companies are not paying maternity benefit in case of probation period. Is it right? ( especially above Rs. 7500 not under ESI).
Can any one clear me the above clarification.I will be greatful to you all.
21st November 2006 From India, Pune
I completed my MLL&LW and found that the topics you listed are very relevent and useful.
Though one topic is missing in the document (apart from the 133 or so labor laws) and that topic is Shops and Establishment Act.
This act differes from state to state...though the crux of this Act is almost same.
Anyways ...gud work...keep it up!!
21st November 2006 From India
You thought that HRM acumen is enough for pursuing a caeer. Next came the necessity of labour law. Labour law though confusing, claims to resolve disputes. Labour law acumen may help prevent company loss.
Till now you had never thought that matrimonial/domestic criminal laws wll affect industrial productivity. But now you will have to prepare yourselves to face matrimonial/domestic false cases from helter and skelter, from left and right and from up and down no matter whether you are a child or young or old. No one can think that he is 24 carrot gold. So the topic "BIG BOSS PREMJI AZMI ALONG WITH COLLEAGUES HIT BY DV ACT" becomes the No.1 topic for discussion. Please join the discussion and suggest ways and means to combat and undo the situation.
28th November 2006 From India, Delhi
Some of the persons are copy this enclosers and modify their names and posting the same article with other names why ? "INNOVATION" is required for one and all. So develop the other way to improve the existing. But unnecessarily posting the same article and watching it for some one is not required. If I am wrong please advise me.
20th July 2007 From India, Kakinada
i have started new BPO Company with 20 employees in Hyderabad... my company is registered under Partnership act.... I want to know weather should i take Permission from Labour Law for employing Candidates.. If Yes then what are the procedure for it and rules and regulations... and i m also looking for Pay slips ... i m paying them Rs 2500- 3500/-.... should i put ESI, PF etc in pay slips ...?????
19th December 2008 From India, Vijayawada
The post and the provided information is quite excellent and very useful to all.
But, please clarify me that you have attached 4 pdf files Tips on labour laws 175, 859, 942, 942. I found the four as same information with different file names (numbers).
28th January 2010 From India, Vijayawada
It is absolutely commandable work of effective compilation of several laws & best presentation also. It is also handy form of law information which will be very simple to use for targetted issues. Instead of reading bulky books on several complicated laws, such type of submission is definately going to help to infant HRs. Congratulations for excellent work done by you !
16th July 2010 From India, Mumbai
Your document was of real help. Short, simple and precise and made a lot of things clear. I was wondering if I you could direct me to right direction for getting the summary of the Karnataka, Maharashtra, Haryana and Tamil Nadu Shops and Establishment Act.
11th July 2012 From India, Bangalore
The infirmation provided is very much useful. Thank you very much for posting. If there be any new version of this information please mail to me at email@example.com. Also please let me know your mobile no or mail id. I want to contact you in person.
Thank you once again
23rd July 2012 From India, Hyderabad
1. For ESIC, PF you need to register under the particular Acts as you are having 50 employees in your organization.
2. For Maternity those who are covered under ESIC, The ESIC will provide Leaves to the employee as per their Rules comes under the Act. Those who are not covered under the ESI the company is liable to provide 84 days of Paid Holidays. Whether they are on Probation are Contract the company has to pay.
3. Average Salary means the Half months Salary
4. The answer is in 3rd Point
5. For Maternity you should follow the Act it self. But for PF we can set up a Trust
For further details you may verify the Maternity Act..
7th March 2013 From India, Hyderabad