Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
See that an FIR is filed in this regard and a copy of the same is produced along with the application given by the employee to you seeking the replacement.
If the company is replacing the items lost, then take an undertaking that the same would be handed over back to the company provided the lost one is recovered at a future date
Replacing at the cost of the company after following all these formalities would be a better option and it would make the employee indebted to the company and more loyal too.
But before replacing the lost items change your policy and make it known to all the employees that the items given to the employees if lost would have to be replaced by the employees themselves or the replacement to it can be obtained after getting the depreciation amount deducted from the initial date of issue calculated.

From India, Mangaluru
It is really surprising after seeing these type of responses.
Is your company believe in that philosophy ie. "Respect for People".
If your philosophy is like that then you should not charged anything to your employee.
Shaikh Sajat Tulla.
Thank you Mr. Peer Mohammed for nice thinking.

From India, Delhi
I am impressed by the comments of M Peer Mohamad but the only thing we have to ensure that the others should not start trying to make fool of HR by saying they have also lost the company assets issued to them.
A fine can be there in addition to taking it in writing.:wink:

From India, Bangalore
I agree with Mr. Peer ,we are HR professional also known as People's Executive because we are most mature person who can understand the human being problem and solve it with softly. We people are the role model of other employees in organization.
Help the employee in his or her bad time .its a better to engage employee. Its a way to create a emotional employee engagement .
Thanks & Regards
Pradip Parmar
People's Professional

From India, Jalalpur
Hi Lavanya
First of all if the employee looses the company assets or his ID card, Access card (very sensitive one) by any means he has to lodge a police complaint get the FIR registered.
Other issues like reimbursement etc etc differ from company to company depending to policy..

From India, Chennai
As Hr one should look into both the sides of coin to arrive at some good solution to such problems.People are good and bad,careless and carefull,apart from this incidents can happen due to carelessness ,ignorance or accidentally.So before arriving to any conclusion,investigating the matter will give way to better descision making.Finally Policies of company should also be framed in a manner where no injustice is done to anybody and yet there is a positive outcome.
From India, Vadodara
Dear friend, As suggessted by M.Peer , an FIR will make a room for recovery of the lost items by the police.
It will relief the employee concern.The alternate items will help in go on work in the company.
Any body can loss his luggage in travel .It is not his dishonest/slackness but a general /normal incidednt in travelling.
However as per company policy recovery of cost may be dealtwith. gpagarwal . .

From India, undefined

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™