Hr & Admin
Working As Hr Exe.
Human Resource Professional
Member - Hr
For inter department communication you can arrange team lunches for every team. in this way you can improve communication with in team.
you can also have brain stroming sessions on technical / non techical topics
Rewrads & recognition
you can device a recognition program for employees. this may me quarterly or half yearly like pat on the back award, Excellence award ect,.
5th August 2008 From India, Madurai
For Inter deptt. Communication, you need to change their attitude first if they are not happy talking to others or do some get together party.
5th August 2008 From India, Chandigarh
5th August 2008 From India, Mumbai
I presume your name is monica - I can discuss this with you on a call and also help you put up a template - in my current role as head of learning and dev in a service sector organisation ,i have just completed this activity in detail
my mail id is
8th August 2008
Brainstorm with some of your colleagues on what theythink are the top employee engagers at work ? ( 'Employee engagers' are those factors,other than work, that gets your most attention and could bind you to the organisation )
I have listed a few.You might like to add or even rank them !
High energy atmosphere
Learn and earn potential
Positive work pressure
9th August 2008 From United States
This is very challenging to retain the employee but we can do the followings:
1. Abilities and achievement: Best Employee, Outstanding Performance
2. Incentives for the best execution of work.
3. Referal Incentives
B. Working Condition
1. Good place for work
3. Proper scheduling of work and time mgmt
4. Proper Estimation of time to execute the work.
1. Payment of salary on time
2. Tax Friendly salary structure
3. Modern and industry matching salary structure
4. Proper employee ID and Cards
5. Salary Slips
6. Proper deduction of PF and ESI and registration therein
D. Job Role
1. Challenging job profile to the performers
2. Notices to the poor performers
3. Training and development sessions to the new comers
4. Team Building Activities and ideas to be invited to improve the processes
1. Decision making authority to a certain extent
2. Week end parties
3. Celebrating the departmental and organisational results.
Please add the above list to make a comprehensive checklist.
Thanks and regards,
11th August 2008 From India, Jaipur
This is what you need to do.
This is an OD exercise which cannot be implemented without Organization Suppport.
Follow the action plan below
1. Study the weak variables that you want to improve upon i.e Leadership, Communication, Recognition etc.
2. Form Task Forces for each of the variables - comprising of leader, sub - leader and 4-5 members - preferably cross functional so that we get inputs from all areas. Nominate 1 Hr person in each or more of these task forces.
3. Assign a certain amount of responsibility to the leader of each task force.
4. Organise weekly/ fortnightly/ monthly meetings of these task forces to arrive at various ways of improving the engagement scores
5. Collect these inputs and put forth to the management giving HR views into each of these inputs. It is important that you don't curb the initiatves of the task forces and note down all the inputs however absurd they may be.
6. Management shall decide the way forward with each of these inputs.
7. Either HR implements these inputs or even better the Task Forces shall implement these initiatives.
8. Arrange a quarterly / Half yearly (udit) by a senior HR Professional from another Organization. In this Audit all the Task forces shall present their path towards achieving better engagement scores in their respective areas.
9. The External Person shall give a feedback on the progress of each area and also suggest other possible improvement areas.
10. Repeat this cycle till you come to the next Survey.
This is a continuous process.
Its worked wonders where I worked earlier - Grasim Industries - Aditya Birla Group.
You can prepare a Flowchart for doing this and present it to the Management.
11th August 2008
There is no one solution that fits all. Similarly, untill I understand the company profile and what motivates your employees, its pointless attempting an engagement programme.
While for some a family day or perhaps an annual day would do the trick, in some places a casual evening with Alcohol would do the trick.
Send across to me a few details about your company, maybe we could mutually arrive at something.
If you want to really taste success, ASK YOUR EMPLOYEES, and do not assume that A particular activity would do wonders.
Ralston's (FEW) words.
11th August 2008 From India, Mumbai
>I am doing project on Employee Engagement...
Employee satisfaction survey was conducted in
our company by external consultants and based
on the results we have to plan some
activities to engage employees.<
We cannot measure employee engagement with an employee satisfaction survey.
Employee engagement and employee satisfaction are two different things.
Employee engagement is what we get when an employee is motivated by the job and is successful in the job and is well managed by the supervisor and paid fairly by management.
Employee satisfaction is what we get when we give employees things they want whether or not they are engaged by their jobs.
>Compensation, Career planning, Rewards &
Recognition & Inter Departmental communication
are the four major areas of improvement... can
somebody plz help me regarding this?<
If we work to satisfy our employees we may well decrease employee engagement because we will be focusing on the wrong things. A few things to consider.
- Good employees who are successful and managed and paid well will be engaged even if not fully satisfied.
- Good employees who are successful but not managed well or paid well will not be engaged and will not be satisfied.
- Bad employees who are unsuccessful even though they are well managed and well paid will not be engaged even if fully satisfied.
13th August 2008 From United States, Chelsea
You can use following Employee engagement activities at your office.
1. Informal interaction of your employeees with Top Management (may be in sessions. - Employees feel motivated 7 connected to vision, mission of organization.
2. Some health camps can be organized.
3. Birthday, annual or quarterly parties can be arranged.
4. Awarness sessions on general topics. (may be by some external agency)
5. HR policies must be properly told to employees. For this sessions cam be conducted.
This are small examples. All these activities make employees feel connected & valuable for organization plus gives them a transparent picture about the organization. Thus add a great value to employee satisfaction.
14th August 2008 From India, New Delhi