No Tags Found!

Hruturaj
If a company is providing free accommodation and other travel allowances free, but does not mention it in the salary slip and if that employee is not under the tax bracket so that details are not displayed during income tax deductions. Now that the employee has to switch jobs, how can he show the accommodation and travel allowance details in his CTC if the company doesn't provide those documents?
From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

Why should accomodation and conveyance provided by the company be shown in the salary slip? That is not required and if any company is doing so, it is not right. In the income tax papers (form 16) it will be reflected as perquisites and tax will be deducted based on that only. If you are worried about the cost to Company that your future employer may fix or the CTC that you can bargain with the employer, you can show the appointment order in which there should be a mention about the free accommodation and car provided. That is enough and over and above that there will not be any proof of having rent free accommodation and conveyance.
From India, Kannur
Hruturaj
Thank you so much for your valuable insights, still if the new employer is asking for breakups of free accommodation that company is providing me to be known so they can offer me a number. It is better to not join that company?
From India, Pune
Hruturaj
Still if employer has given accommodation in remote area it is exempted from form 16b than how to show accommodation expenses to new employer
From India, Pune
Hruturaj
And for area with population less than 10 lakh, accommodation expenses that can be shown are only 7.5℅ of salary
From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

That can be bargained when an offer comes. after all the accommodation etc would be available only for such posts the salary of which will be fixed by negotiation only. You are free to negotiate and if they are not convinced, never join that company. Good companies will not give the cost of rental value of accommodation in the payslips but it is understood that you would not have resided in a hut but would have been provided with a nice furnished accommodation. If the employer requires proof of it, just say goodbye to him. Never trust such companies.
From India, Kannur
Hruturaj
Thanks for your advice will keep that i my mind while negotiating for some other company. As that new employer was giving me offer just based upon my salary on my payslip, which was pretty low for the metropolitan city so i declined it. As for the arrogance of the new employer HR he quoted that we can't trust you about accommodation expenses so might say they have been given private jet for transport allowances how can we trust you. That got me to believe that good to not accept that offer.
From India, Pune
Madhu.T.K

As I said good companies will have a certain principles and policies regarding this. They know that for a particular position certain perquisites are available. It shows the immaturity of the HR person that she should never ask such questions to a candidate. If he is okay with the candidate, offer perquisites that the company can offer and if it is not acceptable, he can drop it. Never trust such companies, I would say. it was a god decision that he declined the offer.
From India, Kannur
Hruturaj
Is there any document where there is the mention of perquisite other than taxable perquisite in form16b. If there please suggest.
From India, Pune
Hruturaj
Because how can i show the valuation of my CTC, if I dont have any document of valuation of perquisite
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.