No Tags Found!

himanigarg123
I have submitted form 19 for full settlement of my PF. But my claim went rejected stating the reason " pl clarify eps membership and contributions as per previous membership" .

What do I need to do for the claim to be successful? Kindly let me know.
How do I clarify this?

From India, Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, They asking about your past employment PF contribution. Have you transferred it current UAN Account ?
From India, Madras
himanigarg123
I left India in August 2022 so my PF contributions have not been done after that. The last contribution was in August itself. How do I provide this clarification?
From India, Delhi
Arun.Marinor

I feel that the rejection rate of PF claims have gone up in the recent past; Some of the rejection reasons that I have come across in the recent past are

a) "Break in Service Certificate" - The most common reason for rejection for pension cases these days. I do not understand why this is required even when accounts are merged and NCP details are filed by the employer -- all data is available with EPFO and yet they ask for this. The problem for the member is to obtain this certificate from past employer / employers.. we have see enough cases here where both present ans past employers just do not respond to employee requests.

b) "Update Reason of Leaving" - The employee, on his resignation, was exited with the reason "CESSATION (SHORT SERVICE) - Any Other reason". We have asked the member to register a grievance.

c) "Bank AC found linked to another Member ID" - I found this strange as the member in question had worked with ONLY us in his entire working life and his bank KYC was with the same AC through out. This is probably an outlier event where transposition / error in typing of AC number by some other member resulted in this strange case; one of them is incorrect. The PF member filed a grievance and received a totally vague reply ... QUOTE "For any updation in Aadhar number / member name / ..../..../ Date of Joining, member need to submit or email us joint declaration along with documentary evidence attested by employee and employer and forward to EPFO Office" UNQUOTE. In any case we have asked the affected member to do a new bank KYC and reapply for withdrawal.

EPFO has ample reasons for this over cautious approach with so many cases of false claims, unscrupulous employers keeping their personal / company AC as bank KYC etc.. but in this the genuine and honest member gets harassed with unnecessary delays in his settlement.

Another very common thing I see is the hesitation of Employers to help employees, past & present, in resolving such issues.

Just thinking out aloud!!
Regards

From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.