No Tags Found!

prudhvi-mallavarapu
I have 4 years of experience as a software developer and got a state government job in 2019. Now I'm a permanent government employee. After my 10-to-5 shift, I'm learning and improving my programming skills due to my passion for programming. I had a dream to become an entrepreneur, but I ended up as a government employee. Recently, I got married, and my spouse is a graphic designer and completely supports my thoughts. I want to register an LLP or Pvt. Ltd. company regarding software development and design in my spouse's name and that of other family members without me, and I want to support it in my free time. Will this affect my government job? I mean, are there any rules for spouse income?
From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You can check your service rules for this.

Your Spouse may register an LLP or Pvt ltd Company but you should not no way connected with it. The Bank Account and all transactions should be in the name of your Spouse only. Also you should not work for your Spouse company either part time or full time or do not promote the company directly or indirectly using your influence with the Govt.

Many Bureaucrats are involved in family business but it is advisable to stay away from your spouse's business.

From India, Madras
KK!HR

There are no rules regarding spouse income and irrespective of her earnings, she will be treated as dependent on you, entitled to all benefits she is otherwise due.
As a Government employee, the Service Rules clearly forbid you from participating in any business activity directly or indirectly. Such clandestine activity in the name of spouse or any other family member will be a major misconduct and if found out can have serious adverse consequences.
Your spouse as well as other family members enjoy the fundamental right to carry on any occupation, trade, business or vocation of choice {Article 19 (1) (g)}, however, check the Service Rules applicable on whether the business dealings of the spouse have to be reported, this is particularly so if such firm is in the same line of business. Many procedural safeguards are prescribed if you have to deal with the same matter. So go strictly as per the Rules.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.